This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does "hover click" exist in kubuntu ?

Just installed ubuntu and heard about kubuntu.
    Kubuntu looks great, and it seems like the perfect thing for me. But before I intall it thers's somthing I need to know

Ubuntu has a built in application that's called "Hover click" that lets you use your mouse without having to click so much (it's bassically an auto clicker program)

It can be found and activated under System Settings-Universal- Access- Pointing and Clicking- Hover Click.

I used a live dick of kubuntu and for some reason couldn't find it on kubuntu....

Does kubuntu have that application ? and if not, can I install somthing similar to it ?

KMouseTool may be what you're looking for, from description:
    KMouseTool clicks the mouse whenever the mouse cursor pauses briefly. It was
    designed to help those with repetitive strain injuries, for whom pressing
    buttons hurts.
    http://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kmousetool/

I used a live dick of kubuntu
    You did what, now?
    Last edited by kubicle; Aug 16, 2013, 04:24 AM.

Comment

LOL ...typos can be freaking at times

as to our subjet
      It looks exactly what I need but does It come with kubuntu or do I need to install it ?

How do I install application on kubuntu ? does it have something like the "Ubuntu Software Center" ? Does this application can be found and installed direcetly from that "Kubuntu Center" or whatever its name is

Thanks for your help !

Comment

Modern Linuxes use packages to install additional software and have a Package Manager to help you do it.
        One of the advantages is these Package Managers get their software from Repositories meaning it is (generally!) trustworthy and free of malware.

Kubuntu's Package Manager is called Muon and it has some alternative appearances.
        Don't use the (Muon) Software Center or updater but instead the Muon Package Manager, the first one looks nice but the last one gives you much more control and feedback.

I just checked and the kmousetool is in the repositories and I'd be surprise if it hasn't been installed already.

In case you can't find it in the K-menu, press Alt + F2 and type kmousetool, select it from the drop list and configure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          I just checked and the kmousetool is in the repositories and I'd be surprise if it hasn't been installed already.
          At least on saucy (13.10 developmen version), 'kubuntu-desktop' package recommends 'kmousetool', so it should be installed by default...but don't know of older releases of kubuntu.

Comment

I used the search box of a Live Disk of Kubuntu 12.04.2 and found it.

It looks very nice, but for some reason I couldn't activate it .... maybe because It's not supposed to work on a live disk or maybe because I didn't take the time to read the help and did something wrong (even though it doesn't look so complicated to understand) anyway, I'm happy it's installed on the system and am going to take the time to read the help when i install kubuntu in a few days.

Another thing is that Ubuntu Hover Click lets you use auto click also for right click and double click. Something I havn't seen on KMouseTool.

Kubuntu looks great by the way but I find the size of the text to be too small for my screen. Is it possible to enlarge the text size on the menues (and maybe the icons on the desktop as well) ?

Comment

Kmousetool has a Help button and it explains it all, including the gestures for middle and right clicking.
              I'm a bit surprised it didn't work for you from the Live Disk.

Fonts can be fine tuned via the System Settings (appearance of programs), in typical KDE fashion there is hardly a thing you can't modify.

OT, it used to be we told Windows users they should forget about what they used and learned on Windows, it seems we've now reached the point we should tell the same to Unity and Gnome users

Comment

Working...
              X