X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of demand

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.11
    States:
    Due to lack of demand and resources there are no backported 4.11 package for our 12.10 (quantal) release.

Seems reasonable, actually.Except to those using Quantal of course
    Looking at the huge number of recent posts in this section, it makes sense.

Comment

Makes sense. Most people have either stuck with the LTS, 12.04, or upgraded to the newest version, 13.04. If you want the newest stuff, upgrade to 13.04.

Comment

On second thought I can appreciate the decision.
        I'll upgrade my 12.10 to 13.10 what so far has been working exceptionally well on an external disk.

But first I have to get 13.04 back to life, the KDE upgrade resulted in a black screen, possibly a conflict between kdm and lightdm.

Comment

12.10 Kernel = WORST KERNEL EVER. According to the number of complaints that came from the community it was a disaster. 12.04 had a rock solid kernel and base and 13.04 has also been good. 12.10 had little fails everywhere. Sorry guys that you aren't getting KDE 4.11, it's very nice, but trust me, you should really consider moving to 13.04.

13.10 promises to be great!

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
            12.04 had a rock solid kernel
            Many people would disagree with that, including me. 12.04 is plagued by a bug whose number I'll never forget: 993187. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Many people would disagree with that, including me. 12.04 is plagued by a bug whose number I'll never forget: 993187. Ugh.
              Oops, I spoke too broadly. I hardly used 12.04 on the desktop, and the little use it saw was rock solid. 99% of my experience with 12.04 is on my server so my bias is obvious. Still, I personally found 12.04 a lot better than 12.10.

Comment

12.04 works exceedingly well for me, but my system is pretty conventional and low grade.
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
                X