This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedoimedo gives F to Unity and nearly perfect to Kubu and X

I couldn't find a particular thread on this, although there was mention of the Kubuntu review at Dedoimedo.

But this review is just well...........hilarious! lol

The guy REALLY does not like Unity BE PREPARED for some very....um....colourful terms in referring to it.

However, the point for Kubu is this statement toward the end.

The worst, really the worst part is, Ubuntu cannot even agree on having a really sucky release. The differences between the Unity-based version, Kubuntu and Xubuntu are so vast it's mind-boggling. I would feel better if the other two sucked, but no, they seem to work fine. Xubuntu did experience the oopses, at first, but Kubuntu remains untouched so far, and this is more worrying than having those crashes happen. Because you know they will happen. Someday. Sit and wait.

Even more stupendously stupefying is that Kubuntu 13.04 and Xubuntu 13.04 Ringtails are probably among the best, most polished versions of said distros released, ever. Yup. I was almost tempted to grant a perfect score to each one of them. My simply conclusion would be that Unity adds its own layer of problems that is not present in the other two. And this make our problem a tad more problematic. Awesome.
    http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/u...-high-end.html

If there IS a reference to the article elsewhere, the mods have my permission to delete this thread.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

He also did a recent review to Fedora 19, and gave it an 'F'. He couldn't install it, and when booted to the livecd , it kept asking for a password login.
    Something on his end of the stick, but instead of solving his puzzle, he then moved on to his trip with his car ! (huh?)

I use to read his reviews, but of late I think he lost it somehow.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Yeah, but they are entertaining. Sometimes I laugh with him, sometimes I laugh at him.

Comment

Working...
      X