X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Manager Applet?

Hello all,

I'm using kubuntu 13.04, and I made the grievous error of right-clicking on the network manager applet icon (on the bottom right corner of the screen) and clicking "close this network management" or whatever the bottommost option is. I swear there is no **** way of restarting this applet, and without it, whenever I try to connect to a network I get an error "No agents were available for this request". Anyone have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

The bottom option is "Remove this Network Management".

Just right-click on an empty area between any of the other icons in the System Tray (where the Network Management icon was) and select Panel Options > Add Widgets... and search for Network Management and double-click on it to add it back to System Tray.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Just right-click on an empty area between any of the other icons in the System Tray (where the Network Management icon was) and select Panel Options > Add Widgets... and search for Network Management and double-click on it to add it back to System Tray.
        To my knowledge, this procedure adds the widget as a separate widget on the panel, which is fine, but isn't exactly the same as having the widget "inside" the notification area (which I think is the default). To add widgets to the notification area, you can right-click on the notification area>choose notification area settings>tick the widgets you wish to show (in this case network management).

Having the widget inside the notification area or as a separate widget is of course a matter of personal preference, but the notification area has a few perks that go with it (mainly that you can show/hide widgets of your choosing and even have them shown/hidden automatically based on activity...these settings can also be accessed from the notification area settings)

Comment

Working...
        X