Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to perform automatic max zoom to a focused window so nothing is missed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to perform automatic max zoom to a focused window so nothing is missed

I remember in compiz there used to be a way to bind a keypress to activate a special zoom
    that zoom would increase slowly (taking overall 2 seconds), centering at the center of a focused application
    and it would stop zooming when the borders of that window would have gone "out of the screen" in the next micro-zoom-step.

is there a way to accomplish this with kwin?
    I am using a casio calculator emulator for windows and it works great with wine
    but it would be more comfortable for me if the window of the application would be significantly bigger, or stretched (while keeping the x-y ratio fixed).

is there a way to do this in another way without using kwin?

When I want to increase the size of the presentation, I press Ctrl plus the "+". Each time I press the + sign, the image increases until it finally fills the screen (without losing any horizontal image), but when the image fills the screen in 'width', you will usually lose some of the height detail. I am not sure this is what you wanted; hope it helps. In any event, you will maximize the data to it's possible maximum prior to losing any details or requiring scrolling.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jul 22, 2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      When I want to increase the size of the presentation, I press Ctrl plus the "+". Each time I press the + sign, the image increases until it finally fills the screen (without losing any horizontal image), but when the image fills the screen in 'width', you will usually lose some of the height detail. I am not sure this is what you wanted; hope it helps. In any event, you will maximize the data to it's possible maximum prior to losing any details or requiring scrolling.
      CTRL+"+" by default does nothing for me, if it is a feature of the presentation program (such as open office...) then its a feature of the presentation program.
      I was talking about a feature in KWIN that allows me to zoom in to a specific area of the screen which I mark using the mouse, to zoom to ANY application or whatever is running at that area
      even if I am not doing any presentation.

Although possible to bind CTRL+"+" to a kwin action, I suppose that by default it is not.
      plus I don't know which kwin action does what I want, actually there are so few kwin features that do zooming that I think that what I want is just not implemented in kwin and just in compiz :/

Comment

Meta + Plus (the one by BackSpace) and Meta + Minus (the next to the mentioned plus key) Meta + 0 will reset to default zoom level (not the numpad one)

Same thing for Using Crtl except that its a browser shortcut (and other programs maybe) it will make the font larger or smaller (0 to reset and works w/ the numpad buttons)

hopefully that will help . now for automatic zooming for the current focused window, if its not currently supported you could write a kwin script to do this for you. (or should i say one could be written to do this)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X