This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-noticed upgrade works.

Well, my life continues to change in ways that I have never forseen.

In addition to teaching at the j/c, I'm now training to be a dive instructor, etc.

So my life is well, busy.

Since I do not have much to "contribute" to Kubuntu anymore, Linux having moved beyond my meager capabilities, I now only use Kubuntu for work.

And, in "passing through" the apartment a short while ago, I dutifully clicked the updates thing and without thinking, something else was going on, I'm sure,....I, apparently clicked "upgrade".

I only realized a couple of days later that the system had, indeed, upgraded.

And I hadn't even noticed.

I really do think that, aside from the bleeding edge equipment that people are continually complaining about Kubuntu not working on.... that the "average user"...using an "average machine".... would probably use Kubuntu as.... per the prediction of "ol Bill"....a tool.

hmmnmm I'm just wondering when it will appear on a flatscreen on the door of my fridge?

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    hmmnmm I'm just wondering when it will appear on a flatscreen on the door of my fridge?
    If SABDFL has his way, you'll see Ubuntu for Appliances. Probably with a Mir Drink Server.

Comment

Imagine that! My first post here is about something I might know about!

Samsung's top-o'-th'-line refrigerator does use linux. And if I read the release/version info correctly, it's a very stripped down and branched version of 12.04 touch or active.

Just for reference: Samsung Display Pics
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
        Samsung's top-o'-th'-line refrigerator...

Appliances that tweet? Puh-leaze.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          That's so Mrs. Riley can let her following know what's for dinner or that she needs to change her water-filter....

Just as a heads up. As a refrigerator tech, Samsung may have some really cool features, but they're still very expensive trash.
          I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

Hey, there are cars that send alerts/status updates to the owner via email (I know I've seen commercials for this, but I can't find what I'm looking for on Google).
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

lol
              I was joking about the fridge, but the real world really is stranger than fiction! lol
              woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

DUMB ME...
                This post was about an unnoticed upgrade to Rarin' from Quantal. Don't know why I posted it here. Dumb me.

if a mod wishes to move it, please do so. or even remove it.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Ah woodsmoke, you are ahead of your computer, maybe even of time

Comment

lol
                    woodsmoke
                    sigpic
                    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X