Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 12.4 & 13.4 - How 2 Delete Wallpaper Thumbnails in Desktop-Settings View

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 12.4 & 13.4 - How 2 Delete Wallpaper Thumbnails in Desktop-Settings View

Hello,

I've have 26 wallpapers added to select from within the Desktop-Settings view window. The first 9 wallpapers will display an X at the top-left corner which upon clicking . . . will delete the wallpaper from the desktop settings window.

The remaining 17 wallpaper icons do not display an X anywhere on the thumbnail, and I can't figure out how to delete those. Right click doesn't provide any answers. I'm hoping I don't have to go somewhere in the root folder like /usr/share/wallpapers to manually delete them there. Additionally, IF I do have to manually delete the file(s), is there a way to use Dolphin fm, rather than the terminal window to do the delete?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Guest; May 13, 2013, 08:46 PM. Reason: typos

Welcome the KFN.

The ones that present an 'x' are user downloaded/installed Wallpapers and reside within your users home directory. The ones that don't are 'system' Wallpapers owned by root. You can use Dolphin to delete them if desired. Press Alt+F2 and type: kdesudo dolphin and press Enter. Provide your password and Dolphin will be launched 'as root' and you can navigate to the directory where the system wallpapers are found: /usr/share/wallpapers
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog for the fast response . . . . it's been awhile since I needed to use any file manager as root, . . . my Kubuntu installs have been stable, but lately, a few folks from our local computer club want me to install Kubuntu for them so I'll have to brush up on the basics. Thanks again.

Greg

Comment

You're welcome.

My 'welcome' seems to have been 'past due' seeing that you have been a member since 2011.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X