X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect with cell phone

Hi there,

I connect to the internet with the cell phone GPRS modem via a Bluetooth link, I created a PPP connection just like normal dial up and it uses rfcomm0, this setup worked great until I changed the cell phone, it still connect but the link drops frequently, the error is 'connection terminated by peer', I can't tell it is the BT or GPRS problem, and I changed the bluetooth adapter already. While it is connected the speed is very slow, with the old phone I can get 40-50kbps average, but the new phone can hardly get over 30kbps, and most of the time there is no traffic at all. I know GPRS is not stable but I don't know the reason for frequently link drop, and I have similar no traffic problem with landline dial up but not as frequent, I just want to know how do I trace the problem and the possible fix to it, I must rely on bluetooth for the moment until I can install the modem driver for the phone.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Connect with cell phone

Hi

I have just installed Kubuntu 6.06 LTS and would like to dial up using my cell phone - do you know where i can find modem drivers for mobile phones for linux i use either a Samsung Z500 or an LG Choclate but neither of them comes with linux drivers....any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X