X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 12.04 to 13.04

Hi

As the title says, I'm using 12.04.
    Can I upgrade directly to 13.04 or do I really have to pass thru 12.10?

Thanks

Originally posted by larbac View Post
    Can I upgrade directly to 13.04 or do I really have to pass thru 12.10?
    I beleive on a non-LTS upgrade you will need to upgrade to the next release number first (12.10)..

cheers,
    bill
    sigpic
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

What I've seen, you cannot upgrade to 13.04 unless you are already using 12.10 and it is fully-dist-upgraded.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

OK, thanks

Comment

It is sometimes better to not upgrade anyway, many times safer and more stable to just back up and do a clean install of the new OS.

Comment

I've been wondering about that this time around. I tried to do an upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 last fall and it did not go well. I was wondering if the situation was any better for Kubuntu currently.

Comment

Just today I tried to upgrade 12.04 LTS to 13.04. But I had go through 12.10 (which advised me not to go any further due to incompatibility of the video card). Upgrading directly to 13.04 was no option.

Comment

I cheated. I upgraded 12.04.x to KDE 4.10.3.
                Then upgraded to a 3.9.x kernel. Not sure what to call it.
                GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Originally posted by luckyone View Post
                  I cheated. I upgraded 12.04.x to KDE 4.10.3.
                  Then upgraded to a 3.9.x kernel. Not sure what to call it.
                  Luckybuntu
                  I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

It has been. I've used it as my primary OS since the upgrades without any real problems. Since I have a data cap for my 3G service it'll have to do.
                    Using the Library to download .iso files can be a real hit or miss as far as speeds go. One day it's up close to a MB/s average. Next day may be 30 KB/s. I've complained but may have to go to the IT dept. to make it official. No reason for that kind of variance.
                    GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

No problem you have some difficulty communicating in English, you are not the only one for whom it is a foreign language.
                      Good you have a working system.

Sorry I used the CODE instead of the QUOTE marks.

In case you have too many panels, you can simply right-click them, unlock Widgets and select remove or delete.

And finally, you can go to your original post and select SOLVED in the header by yourself.

Comment

Teunis, you seems to not respond in the good topic.
                        You responded
                        in this topic instead of answer here :
                        http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...617#post330617
                        In any way, I answered you in the good topic.
                        Regards.
                        Last edited by nemrod; Jun 30, 2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Oops

Comment

Working...
                          X