Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going from Beta 2 to Final Release - Any special update steps to take?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going from Beta 2 to Final Release - Any special update steps to take?

It just occured to me to ask if there are any special steps to take re updating from Beta to Main/final release. This is the 1st time I installed a beta (beta 2, approx 3 weeks ago). I was under the impression that just applying all and any updates would automatically mean that I have the full final release, or do I need to go into the 'distro release upgrade' part of Muon?

Not really. You should be safe with just running
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

Ok, so I've also been in the same position (well a little different, because I installed 13.10 development ages ago, by mistake I should add). I've done as suggested above (having already run synaptic a number of times recently) and it says that it's fully up to date.

I've had a couple of rather odd crashes and freeze ups over the last couple of days as well though. I certainly don't know enough about what goes on to repair or sort out without direction. So I'll just run it as best as I can and then post any errors if I can (I've had the "report error" box appear and I think that I've managed to send reports but have no way of knowing whether I have or not).

I'll have a look to see if I can work out how to get the system to show me which version is installed (too see if it tells me whether it still thinks I'm on an earlier, either beta or development install).

Just for info, while it was still being worked on, the 13.10 version I was using (and religiously updating) worked flawlessly. These few odd crashes and errors have all appeared since 13.10 was finalised.......
      What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.

Comment

Working...
      X