X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's appmenu-qt update breaks Konsole menu bar

Hi all-

The version of my appmenu-qt package is 0.2.6-1ubuntu1, and today "aptitude full-upgrade" bumped this to 0.2.7daily13.01.17-0ubuntu1. After this, Konsole shows no menu bar. I was able to restore my entire system to the btrfs snapshot of before I ran this update, and then upgraded each package one-by-one to determine which one broke Konsole.

Konsole seems to be tracking the "menu bar enabled" state correctly; it's just that its knowledge of this setting isn't related to whether the menu bar is actually shown. Right-clicking in the terminal window offers no "Show Menubar" option. After pressing Ctrl-Shift-M (so Konsole will think that the menu bar is disabled), the right-click menu indeed contains a "Show Menubar" option. Enabling it has no effect, either by selecting it from the right-click menu or by pressing Ctrl-Shift-M again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to forbid 0.2.7daily13.01.17-0ubuntu1 for the moment.

Please consider filing a bug. Press Alt+F2 and enter ubuntu-bug appmenu-qt. Allow the system to collect information and open a web browser to Launchpad. Fill in the information describing what you saw and what you expected to see. Kubuntu developers will receive this information.

Comment

bug posted https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1101665

Comment

Yesterdays update broke *every* app menu bar for me but the latest updates have fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X