This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium hangs sound and brings down the whole computer

I have chromium installed on my Kubuntu 12.10 system. After a fresh boot, chromium launches without a glitch. However, when I close it and try to start it again it does not start up. If I try to logout of the computer, it hangs. The only way I can get back to the computer is by hard restarting it. Another thing I noticed is that after restarting the computer, the plasma folder widget on my desktop gets resized. I am not sure whether they are related or not... I have the exact same problem with google chrome also. Does anyone else have this problem? Please help me diagnose what's going on here.

Not seeing that here, can you see if you get the same behaviour with a new user? If it works for them then try starting chromium with a clean profile on your old user:
    Code:
    killall chromium  # Ask chromium to quit
    killall -9 chromium  # Force chromium to quit if the above fails
    mv ~/.config/chromium ~  # Moves the config files out the way so they chromium can recreate them
    then start chromium again.

Comment

Thanks james. I think it worked.

Comment

Spoke too quickly. No, it is not fixed. Another thing I noticed is excessive CPU usage - one of my cores is running at 100 % but I cannot see which process is using it.

Comment

Try creating a new user and see if it works for them, that will tell you if its a config error or not.

Comment

Working...
          X