This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu folks at UDS-R

Jerry's use of this photo in another thread reminded me that it might be interesting for our members to associate names with faces. The Kubuntu team at UDS-R:

Back row: Rohan Garg, Aurélien Gâteau, Jussi Kekkonen, Scott Kitterman, Michał Zając, Steve Riley, Michael Hasselmann
    Front row: Alex Fiestas, Jonathan Riddell

Ah, so that's Scott K. You know I love my Kubuntu 8.04.3, still use it on machine #2 (I'm on #1 w/12.04 at the moment). I believe I have Scott to thank for keeping 8.04 going, don't I? S-R, I figure you might have the inside on this? (Btw, Did you shop for your shoes AFTER seeing what everyone else was wearing? :-) )
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

LOL. There is a story behind those shoes.

I was in Auckland one August to speak at a conference. During some free time I went to Queen Street, the main shopping drag. During my stroll, the bottom of one my shoes fell right off! As it happened, I was close to a skater/surfer shop, so I went in. I immediately spied the shoes you see in the photo and said "I'll take a pair of those, size 42 please."

Comment

If you wear them after dark in built up areas, do you get complaints that they're too loud?
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Yeah, one time in Texas I had some trouble. That's why I don't go there anymore.

Comment

I do regret not being able to go this time. My shoes would have fit in better , which in turn probably would have made yours stick out more

Comment

Working...
            X