This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowledge Base: Requests for Knowledge

Hey, admins - how about a thread that reserves a spot for users to request topics? That way, knowledgeable people will be productively producing content.

Please Read Me

And the admins saw that the idea was good. And there was evening, and there was morning, and the thread became a sticky.

Do remember -- these requests should be more like "What does someone know about something" rather than "How do I do something."
    Last edited by SteveRiley; Oct 28, 2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Im a little confused on the difference between the How-Tos and the Knowledge Base. What exactly goes in this knowledge base that isnt a how-to?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        Im a little confused on the difference between the How-Tos and the Knowledge Base. What exactly goes in this knowledge base that isnt a how-to?
        I would say howto's are tutorials on how to do something, knowledge base is more how things work. ie, How to increase the amount of swap space? vs What does swap space do? The knowledge base can be more in-depth as well as it is explaining how things work as apose to just how to do something.

Comment

Knowledge base is for how-to also. Knowledge is Knowledge.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
            Knowledge base is for how-to also. Knowledge is Knowledge.
            We already have a How-To forum. I'll admit this Knowledge Base idea is something of an experiment. I'm open to alternate suggestions for the forum's name. I'd still prefer to keep it separate from the How-To.

Comment

knowledge base is more how things work.
              I guess I can see it this way.

On another note: We have an Articles tab, shouldn't How to's and Knowledge base, be a main part of that. When I first joined here that is the first place I clicked, thinking I would find Articles.
              Rob

Comment

Working...
              X