This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting new/updated packages

Is there an official channel for requesting either new and/or updated packages.

Thanks .....
    Kubuntu User #9802
    Linux Registered User #357086

For some packages there are ppa's, set up by individuals like sumski did for KDElooks for Firefox, use google to find them.
    Depending if it's a KDE or a Kubuntu request you should look at their respective websites for contact or community links.

Comment

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...s-new-features
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

You can find some good info in a thread I made the other week that seems relevant:
        http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-Timely-Manner
        CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
        Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
        Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
        Graphics Card: MSI R7770
        Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
        Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
        PSU: Corsair 520HX
        Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
        Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
        Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

There is no official channel for requesting new/updated software, though if it is something that is a core part of KDE or Kubuntu's selection of software, one might ask in the kubuntu-devel mailing list or on #kubuntu-devel irc on freenode.

The main issue I see is that there are so many packages out there, and Kubuntu only maintains a relatively small portion of them. We have available to us the latest most up-to-date KDE SC, but other software may be under Ubuntu's packaging realm, or one of the many mostly unmaintained and automatically imported from Debian set in the Universe repository. These do not see many updates unless there is someone who volunteers to maintain them for Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
          X