This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Desktop Effects Geometry Problems - "Crumpling"

I'm hoping that this is a well-known problem but it's difficult to describe in words so, despite searching, I've not been able to find a solution, if there is one.

I'm running KDE Desktop Effects on a Dell D620 Laptop with an Intel 945GM graphics chipset and the i915 driver.

Here's the output from lspci | grep VGA:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Most effects have been working surprisingly well but I'm seeing a peculiar "crumpling" phenomenon on some effects that's most apparent with the Desktop Cube. I hope the picture below illustrates the problem:

As you can see, on the left facet of the cube, the horizon of my desktop wallpaper should be fairly level but is anything but, and the window at the top left is all out of perspective. On the right-hand facet of the cube the problem is even more evident, where it appears to have been folded/creased or crumpled in places. It seems that something is causing the geometry of the cube and some other effects to be rendered incorrectly.

Has anyone seen this before and been able to fix it?
Working...
X