This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    Oh! Duh. Somehow I interpreted that to mean you wanted some Raring testing.

Here's what's on my Quantal box now:
    Code:
    steve@x1:~$ apt-cache policy firefox
    firefox:
      Installed: 17.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.10.2~ppa1
      Candidate: 17.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.10.2~ppa1
      Version table:
     *** 17.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.10.2~ppa1 0
           1000 http://ppa.launchpad.net/blue-shell/firefox-kde/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         17.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.10.1 0
            500 http://mirror.anl.gov/ubuntu/ quantal-updates/main amd64 Packages
            500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal-security/main amd64 Packages
         16.0.1+build1-0ubuntu1 0
            500 http://mirror.anl.gov/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
    Do you have something newer to QA?
    Nope, once we have a new FF release, I'll most likely put it in a PPA called staging/build on the Blue Shell page. Look out for that repo

Comment

Originally posted by shadeslayer View Post
      Look out for that repo
      Hehe. Now that could be read two ways!:eek:
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi Everyone
        I've begun the process of updating Firefox 18 with KDE patches, please test and let me know if there are issues, I'll try and resolve them ASAP

Comment

I see that a small step (0.1) release is in the PPA now. I'm using it on several computers and I don't have any problems. Thanks for all the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainX View Post
            I see that a small step (0.1) release is in the PPA now. I'm using it on several computers and I don't have any problems. Thanks for all the great work!
            Great to hear that it's working fine for you

Comment

Is there any modifications done that would change the way search engine favicons would be handled?
              CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
              Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
              Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
              Graphics Card: MSI R7770
              Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
              Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
              PSU: Corsair 520HX
              Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
              Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
              Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
                Is there any modifications done that would change the way search engine favicons would be handled?
                I don't notice any issue with the search engine favicons. I use https://startpage.com/ as my search default and changing it as well as using it is completely problem free with the KDE support in Firefox. Are you having an issue?

Comment

Are you having an issue?
                  Actually, yes I am, but last time I posted the URL here you got on your soap box instead of simply reporting the post(which you did anyways) talking about it being OT.
                  Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Actually, yes I am, but last time I posted the URL here you got on your soap box instead of simply reporting the post(which you did anyways) talking about it being OT.
                    Oh, that was you. Haha. Welcome back to this thread. If your post is on topic, I'm sure everyone here will welcome it and respond the best they can. Obviously, you now know what is on topic and what is off topic for this discussion. So if your issue seems to relate to the Firefox KDE support, let's hear about it. :-)
                    Last edited by MountainX; Feb 05, 2013, 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

So if your issue seems to relate to the Firefox KDE support, let's hear about it. :-)
                      I don't know if it does or not. That was part of the reason I posted the URL here in the first place. I don;t see why the problem would be related to the KDE modifications, but since it work in Firefox for Windows, it seems a reasonable assumption. I would post the URL but again, you would probably run to teacher over something trivial. So in the man time, I have asked a question that does officaly fit the topic at hand, so why waste your time and mine and wait for some one with knowledge to respond.
                      Last edited by Xplorer4x4; Feb 05, 2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it does or not. That was part of the reason I posted the URL here in the first place. I don;t see why the problem would be related to the KDE modifications, but since it work in Firefox for Windows, it seems a reasonable assumption. I would post the URL but again, you would probably run to teacher over something trivial. So in the man time, I have asked a question that does officaly fit the topic at hand, so why waste your time and mine and wait for some one with knowledge to respond.
                        I have no idea what you are saying exactly... The only response I can offer is that the search engine options are working perfectly for me in Firefox with KDE support on Kubuntu 12.04. I have not had any problems with this in any of the versions of Firefox with KDE that I have used. I'm on Firefox 18.0.1 now. As I said, I changed the default to Startpage HTTPS and I did not encounter any issues in that process or afterwards. So I would probably conclude that it is not a Firefox KDE issue. Good luck to you and feel free to ask for any help related to Firefox KDE support.

Comment

I have no idea what you are saying exactly... The only response I can offer is that the search engine options are working perfectly for me in Firefox with KDE support on Kubuntu 12.04. I have not had any problems with this in any of the versions of Firefox with KDE that I have used. I'm on Firefox 18.0.1 now. As I said, I changed the default to Startpage HTTPS and I did not encounter any issues in that process or afterwards. So I would probably conclude that it is not a Firefox KDE issue. Good luck to you and feel free to ask for any help related to Firefox KDE support.
                          I run 12.10, and the question wasn't if the search engines are working or not, but rather if the firefox-kde or kmozzilahelper packages include changes to/the may affect the search engines. Thanks for the responses, but it does not answer the question that I asked and continues to waste your time and mine. Please quit playing moderator..

Comment

Guys, knock it off, please. Here is not the place to hold your debate.

Comment

Due to the way this discussion runs/ran I might have overlooked part of the problem but I can say on my various KDE installs the default search engines in Firefox 18.01 show their proper icons.

Comment

Locking this thread. It's been marked as SOLVED long ago. If there are 'new' issues, please start a new thread.
                                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X