Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows-client user access denied (smb/samba)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows-client user access denied (smb/samba)

It's urgent time to bring in the cavalery, I hope you guys are willing to help me out here.

First of all: yes, I did use Google and forum search... Oh yes, I certainly did.
    I was able to announce this smb-share on the local network, I was able to give the Windows-client access to it (via konsole I set a passwd with the command "sudo smbpasswd <Linux-user>" and so on.
    You can't believe when the (Linux!) user was granted access to the smb host (a Kubuntu 12.04 setup), you should've seen my very happy face.

So I'm nearly there... But the <Linux-user> is not granted access to the shared hard disk (called "maximus").

But the settings should be okay:

Last edited by SJ; Apr 18, 2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo's
    I use Firefox because it&#39;s better and safer, I use Linux because it&#39;s the best of the best. Together they are like magic. USE THE FORCE, CHOOSE FREE AS IN FREEDOM!

Also, the hard disk is formatted in ext4 and the Linux-permissions are:

Owner: lighscan --> read&write
    Group: afp --> read&write

the user "eddy" is in the afp-group.. so even if smb needs Linux-permissions, that shouldn't be a problem in this case.

I managed to find a work-around. I trust solely on the smb-passwd (set via konsole, see first post) to secure the smb-access to this machine.

The harddisk itself is not secured anymore (thus, Everyone can read&write).
    Last edited by SJ; Apr 18, 2012, 03:35 PM. Reason: work-around fix
    I use Firefox because it&#39;s better and safer, I use Linux because it&#39;s the best of the best. Together they are like magic. USE THE FORCE, CHOOSE FREE AS IN FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
    X