This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using moonlight

I just installed moonlight 4.0 for google chrome and firefox as plugins to run netflix but did not work as advertised. Have any of you firured this thing out?

Originally posted by tlcasey100 View Post
    I just installed moonlight 4.0 for google chrome and firefox as plugins to run netflix but did not work as advertised. Have any of you firured this thing out?
    I don't think that will work, even with Moonlight. This is due to the DRM requirements of Netflix, which is not allowed through Moonlight. My advice is to use Amazon Prime. Netflix made a mistake by choosing MS Silverlight for their media player.

Comment

What buckeyered80 said.

In addition, Microsoft has sidelined .NET in favor of HTML5, even they the claim they will continue to support it. They said the same thing about Visual FoxPro, which I was using at the time to develop in-house software, when they switched to .NET. When Novell was sold Mono was cut loose, along with de Icaza and the 100 or so developers who were working on it part or full-time. de Icaza is writing Mono apps for the Mac. Mono and .NET are desert islands. The best thing you could do is to remove Mono and apps dependent on it from your system. This is especially true since Mono includes proprietary software NOT covered by ECMA 334 & 335 or Microsoft's "Promise", and Microsoft is the SOLE arbiter in determining if any particular app conforms to 334&335. Anyone who uses the proprietary parts of Mono to create UI's or database connections, among other things, is violating MS IP patents. (Which I believe was the sole purpose of Mono to begin with ... an IP trap.)

About Amazon Prime Instant Movies (which I watch frequently): Adobe compiled their latest Linux version of Flashplayer against HAL, not udev. Amazon requires the latest version of Flashplayer. So, to see the moves you must install HAL. It hasn't interfered with udev on my system. Auto-mounting, etc..., works the way it did beforeI installed HAL.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Mar 07, 2012, 04:11 PM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X