Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd display anomaly with BOTH kubuntu/ubuntu 11.10 on two very different computers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd display anomaly with BOTH kubuntu/ubuntu 11.10 on two very different computers

Office computer is a high-end Dell 8-core 8Gb ram, 1Tb system running Ubuntu 11.10 with an NVidia graphics card running in dual monitor setup. Home setup is a Lenovo, dualcore, 6Gb ram, 1 Tb desktop running Kubntu 11.10 with an IntelHD graphics card running single monitor. *Both* of these computers exhibit display destop draw anomalies where some popup menu, on some part of the desktop, causes the desktop background to 'show through' on some *other part* of the desktop, effectively causing the foreground window/panel to disappear. I have multiple screensshots showing this and as I type this post I see the systray on my home desktop partly 'missing' with the desktop image replacing parts of the panel. This happens all the freaking time. If it's a window often moving the window will force a redraw and the anomaly ceases. But when it's the panel like now, I can run the mouse along the panel and panel object may redraw, but some may not.

Both systems are current and up to date. I cannot verify with documented notes kept since my upgrades to 11.10 but it's my feeling that this is a recent behavior. I do not recally seeing it in 10.* or before.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Guest; Mar 06, 2012, 08:00 PM.

Sorry guy, no help to suggest, but I have seen the same behavior on my Kubuntu Oneiric install, an older home-built with an Athlon 64 single core processor and 1.5 gigs of ram. Ben

Comment

Sounds like video, i would have to guess that both systems have nvidia cards.
      Try some different drivers or disable some effects.

I have seen similar in older versions of amd drivers. Though they have gotten much better and I have not seen this behavior recently.I cannot say much about nvidia drivers.
      Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
      X