Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Eve 2011/2012 what did you do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Eve 2011/2012 what did you do?

If you celebrate, or not, would you care to give a short narrative so that others in the community can relate to you more as a human than as phosphors on the other side of a screen?

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Re: New Year's Eve 2011/2012 what did you do?

Originally posted by woodsmoke
    ...than as phosphors on the other side of a screen?
    What!? I'm not a phosphorist?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

maybe woody should go first ...
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

As is our tradition, we babysat for all of the grandkids and a couple of friend's kids so the parents could go out. Ten kids age 11 and under. We had a lot of party hats and noise makers and treats. Pizza for supper. Watched the ball drop on TV and drank a toast to the new year. Sparkling apple juice. We cheat a little bit as we live in the Mountain time Zone and the ball is in the Eastern Time Zone, but the kids don't care. Now I have to make breakfast for everyone, they love my pancakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
          Sparkling apple juice.
          I had that too. Some fake champagne, grape juice I think. Awesome stuff, since I hate regular champagne.
          "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Yes, just take some white grape juice and mix it with 7-UP. It's great!!

Comment

Nothing too big. I just played a little pool and the Wii. Wii Sports is pretty fun once you get into it a little.
              The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Ok QQ, I was just going to let this percolate without me but ..

I had a prior preparation of nursing a case of the flu for two days and had taken enough dayquil/nyquil/everyquil that it was relatively under control that afternoon, so around 8 I went to my favourite restaurant and had an Italian version of steak and lobster tail with a big pour of the red that they associate with such food, then headed back to the shack by the track around 11. Never saw a gendarme.

Detonate and de-koraco, "back in the day" we called a similar concoction "Champipple"!

Any others care to chime in?

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Definitely nothing exciting for me. Since I had to work today, I was in bed at 9:30 last night. Hopefully, there's always next year. Happy New everyone.
                  Linux User #454271

Comment

As is our tradition, we babysat for all of the grandkids and a couple of friend's kids so the parents could go out. Ten kids age 11 and under. We had a lot of party hats and noise makers and treats. Pizza for supper. Watched the ball drop on TV and drank a toast to the new year. Sparkling apple juice. We cheat a little bit as we live in the Mountain time Zone and the ball is in the Eastern Time Zone, but the kids don't care. Now I have to make breakfast for everyone, they love my pancakes.
                    That sounded like you had LOTS of fun, especially the pancakes in the morning. You're making this old Colorado boy homesick....
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                      That sounded like you had LOTS of fun, especially the pancakes in the morning. You're making this old Colorado boy homesick....
                      I did this year what I did the last couple of years.... slept through the change.
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

We live in the city but I've been sick off and on since Thanksgiving so we stayed home. We were all asleep by 10 but the fireworks on the beach started at midnight and the locals kept that up until 2:30am. We stayed in bed but listened to the commotion and sirens and helicopters and explosions for almost three hours. Ahh.. life in the city.

Please Read Me

Comment

The Momcat and I OD'ed on an NCIS marathon and crashed about a half hour before the ball dropped. I know, we're hopeless...
                          linux since slack 2. kde since beta 1. kubuntu since hardy.

Comment

I quit crazy many years ago. (Was an avid, regular dart thrower in the local bars, met enough party-goers to satisfy all the high-risk behaviors I could ever imagine. Am lucky to be alive today.) Now, "un-exciting" is exciting to me: relaxed, peaceful, simple, good clean food/snacks at home, to bed early, watched TV/movies, asleep by 9:30 pm, no booze this year (that's a first). I started reading, among other things, this:
                            http://www.amazon.com/Racy-Madams-Co...5459001&sr=8-1
                            and find it entertaining. Bought that little tourist pamphlet back around 1980 at Silverton CO and am just now getting to it. Also, have had a health problem on my mind for a couple months, along with the CT on it, and upcoming tests, and so that's about all the excitement I can take right now. (Except the excitement of breaking into a loaf of lemon tea bread from Whole Foods ... goes well with a cup or two of hot green tea ...)
                            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Nothing much here. Watched "The Big Bang Theory marathon". Stayed up with my oldest after that to see the NY party with the 2012 Ball Drop and then right off to bed. The wife and little one were already in bed. Woo Hoo!!! Exciting Huh!?!? Didn't help that we've all suffered from some bad head cold kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X