Re: Important notice regarding Java packages in Partner archive

Originally posted by SteveRiley
    Originally posted by MoonRise
    Ellison := greed
    Interesting interpretation. I would have written it as an evaluation:

Ellison = greed

but I suppose an assignment statement is equally valid

Originally posted by Telengard
    Otherwise, QEMU exists and is GPL. It doesn't have all the niceties of VB, but if Free Software is a requirement for you then it may be the best solution.
    Telengard, do you have much experience with KVM and QEMU? I don't need a plethora of niceties to run my Windows 7 VM, other than USB support.
    Maybe --> Greed := Ellison

+1 On that about not needing a bunch of niceties. My biggest thing is that it does need to handle USB devices. So, I'll start taking a look at those.

Comment

Telengard, do you have much experience with KVM and QEMU?
      Sadly no. I did play with QEMU for a brief time, but adopted Innotek VirtualBox as soon as it was released. QEMU is modular, so it should be possible to emulate full VB capability, but probably requires more manual configuration to do so.

For example, I don't know how QEMU could accomplish mouse and clipboard integration at the level VB achieves. It should be possible, but won't be easy unless someone has already done the work.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
        For example, I don't know how QEMU could accomplish mouse and clipboard integration at the level VB achieves. It should be possible, but won't be easy unless someone has already done the work.
        Hm. Now that you mention it, I realize I use this feature extensively without even thinking about it. Its sudden disappearance would be a real problem...

Comment

Hm. Now that you mention it, I realize I use this feature extensively without even thinking about it. Its sudden disappearance would be a real problem...
          I can assure you, if those were the only niceties QEMU lacked I might have stuck with it. Fact is that QEMU was not simple to configure at the time I played with it. Many years hence, maybe it is worth looking at again.

IIRC, VB initially relied on QEMU, but has long since forked the virtualization core. A necessity to provide the many convenience features expected by users.
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
          X