This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Software Center bug?

I just updated to 11.10 from 11.4. while i was checking out the new Muon Software Center. went in to Software sources and on the updates tab I checked Pre-released updates. but I cannot uncheck it. now it is showing a lot of updates. how can I get that unchecked?

Re: Muon Software Center bug?

Close the app, and launch Muon Package Manager instead. Click Settings > Configure Software Sources > Updates and see if you can uncheck it.

If that doesn't work, edit (as root) /etc/apt/sources.list and comment the lines that contain oneiric-proposed
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

no, when I click it it just re-checks
      I'm seeing an "applet"? in the system try that says i have 294 updates. but when i run apt-get update it only shows 1 update

Comment

Either right-click > Quit on the notifier applet, or click to open and then choose to Quit - don't permit it to run the update. This update notifier is likely preventing you from making the uncheck 'stick' while it is still running.

Comment

could not get it to quit really, just close the window.
          I looked at /etc/apt/sources.list and saw something that look like it was the problem.

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric-proposed restricted main multiverse universe

I commented that out and now the updater in the system try show what apt-get shows.

thanks for the help

Comment

The initial problem - not being able to un-check the Pre-release entry does appear to be a legitimate problem - I also experienced it, and I had to remove the entry from sources.list. I'll notify the developer.

Comment

This is a reported bug in software-properties-kde which is called by Muon when selecting Settings > Configure Software Sources.

See Can't uncheck proposed or usupported boxes in Kubuntu updates sorftware sources - Bug #819793

According to Michael Vogt (mvo), two days ago:
              I merged this into the bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/software-properties/oneiric branch and it will be part of the next SRU upload.

Comment

Working...
              X