X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text-to-speech/Speech-to-text

Hi,

I'd like to get both text to speech and speech to text working in Kubuntu Natty.

The former requires Jovie, so I installed that first. I enabled the daemon and added a talker as described in the docs.

However it doesn't talk. I configured a few system notifications to speak the notification message, but I hear nothing when I trigger the event. Espeak (which is installed along with Jovie) works fine from the command line though.

I removed my talker and tried adding a new one, but now the list displaying the languages and synthesizers is empty. If I go ahead and add it anyway, it will appear in the talker list with 'invalid voice
    type' in the voice type column.

Can anyone help me get this working properly?

My second question; I'd really like to give Simon a try, which is supposed to be a fairy functional KDE speech recognizer. But it seems there's no (easy) way to install it under Natty. There's a .deb of version 0.3.0 which won't install because of an unsatisfiable dependency of libqt4-multimedia (which I understand isn't present in Natty anymore)

This discussion is about the topic, but didn't help me >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1593806

Is it possible to get Simon working in Natty?

Thanks in advance

Help

Comment

ME

Comment

Someone

Comment

Please!

Comment

with simon listens 0.4.0

Comment

sorry for the weird posts, im desperate for help and i needed 5 posts to start a thread.. :/

Comment

<Chuckles> I was wondering why you were posting like this. Oooo... you're gonna get in trouble! I'm telling!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                X