I found it ding ding ding ding lol
    still working on it it seems
    36 builds, 29 successful, 6 failed
    https://launchpad.net/~telepathy-kde/+archive/ppa/

Re: telepathy-kde ppa

hmmm, not working for me, seems like it has a few thiings missing

Comment

Re: (update) telepathy-kde ppa

It works for me; at least I can log on to Facebook and Jabber and have a functional systray widget, contact list, and system settings module. Haven't actually chatted with anyone yet! I needed the telepathy-mission-control-5 package from the 'official' repositories. But the new telepathy-kde metapackage should pull everything in automatically. Not telling anyone anything interesting here, am I.

Comment

actually yes lol
        I've tried a few times today to install "telepathy-kde" and it wasn't there, your post made me try again. Bamm!! there it is, installing now

Comment

ooohhhhh, works great but

OH NO!!!!!
          there's no way to save passwords. I have 3 accounts set up and restarted the comp, it wouldn't log in and i figured out why....password NOT SAVED!! Rats....

anyone know if i'm wrong

and where do i submit this but to being a ppa

Comment

It did save my passwords, but not in my KDE wallet. A GTK dialogue popped up and had me invent a password for a keyring, which I suppose is a GNOME thing. I don't have GNOME installed, though. Anyway, it seemed to work.

Comment

it looks good

Can't yet figure out how to use the irc connector, but not too worried

btw, there are extra connectors, telepathy-haze seems to bring in yahoo and others

anyone wanting to test,
              I am jakeandgus on yahoo
              jakeandgus at gmail dot com on gtalk

Comment

Aaah, haze as in purple haze as in libpurple as in what-Pidgin-uses-to-work!

Comment

and telepathy-idle is for irc, which does work but has few irc functions right now.

idle, as in what I usually do there in irc-land

Comment

seen something in the mailing lists about saving passwords in gnome-keyring.
                    OMG!!

Edit: Here's where i found it
                    http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_C...7t_being_saved

My passwords aren't being saved.
                    You need to install gnome-keyring.
                    Q: Gnome Keyring
                    Yes, it's not KDE that saves the passwords that's done by our backend daemon (telepathy) therefore it's the solution that makes sense.
                    Q: Something Something KWallet?
                    We have no plans to support it, it's not a viable thing to do. However: Gnome and KDE people are working on a shared storage solution called secretservice.

Comment

Gnome keyring is super buggy. If you use it, disable automatic login.
                      "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

I've been using the default telepathy all day, it was working earlier, but unfortunately, it stopped working with facebook. It would disconnect and reconnect every 10 seconds, whether I used encryption or not.

I'm installing -haze and -idle, I'll see how well they work
                        Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Giving an update:

I installed -haze and -idle. I can't get the IRC to connect for some reason, it denies it everytime. Yahoo connected without a problem, and its working just fine. My gmail connects flawlessly as well, though I have no-one to test, though I'll give my information out for testing.

yahoo: hokie.fish
                          @live: goto_
                          gmail: linkmaster1204
                          AIM: hi5yay

lets see how well it works out guys! This is stunning software, this short usage has me wanting to default it. Of course, the lack of KDE wallet worries me slightly. I hope someone comes up with a support for that, I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult, could it?
                          Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Better desktop integration in telepathy should be nice for most users (although I use IM so infrequently that a standalone app like kopete has so far worked fine for my needs).

The gnome dependencies are a show stopper for me, however, so I won't be testing this one out in it's current state (I'd think v.0.1 is meant for testing rather than serious use).

EDIT: to be clear, I don't mind mind gnome dependencies if I install gnome software, for example. But for a framework that advertises being a cross-desktop solution (desktop independent) like telepathy, relying on desktop specific tools/components is a major design/implementation flaw.

Comment

but there is no cross-platform method of saving passwords at this time, and currently it doesn't install anything other than the gnome-keyring library (not the gui bit itself)

so far, most of telepathy (the framework used by telepathy-kde, and the gnome/gtk-based empathy) is actually python

and then there is this:
                              http://www.sharpley.org.uk/node/15
                              but I can't yet verify it

Comment

Working...
                              X