This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (update) telepathy-kde ppa

oh my, I thought i was gonna cry or puke installing that gnome-keyring. Pulled in 8 files on my previously clean kde install.

Tried it though, and it does in fact save your passwords. upon restart I had to put in my password for kdm, and then immediatley put in my password for gnome-keyring. And It still didn't connect automatically. so I promptly removed gnome-keyring and the 7 other files it brought in and have went back to kopete until they decide on something better than gnome-keyring...... ugggghhh.

I hate kde wallet but would rather that than gnome-keyring.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
      but there is no cross-platform method of saving passwords at this time
      True enough, but that doesn't really change the fact that it's a major design flaw to rely on one desktop's libraries in storing passwords (this of course only relates to "cross-desktop" software).

If there is no cross-desktop method of storing passwords, a "cross-desktop" framework should either support different methods of storing passwords or let the (desktop specific) clients handle it. When making a cross-desktop framework it should be designed like that from the start (IMO).

I didn't mean to sound overly harsh, though. It's still early days for telepathy and I'm sure things will improve in the future (that's why I said "at this point").

Originally posted by claydoh
      and currently it doesn't install anything other than the gnome-keyring library (not the gui bit itself)
      Here's what it wants to install on my end (and these are only the required dependencies, not including recommends):
      gstreamer0.10-nice gstreamer0.10-plugins-base gstreamer0.10-plugins-good kde-config-telepathy-accounts
      kde-config-telepathy-accounts-plugins libcairo-gobject2 libgnome-keyring0 libgssdp-1.0-2 libgstfarsight0.10-0 libgupnp-1.0-3
      libgupnp-igd-1.0-3 libiec61883-0 libkcmtelepathyaccounts4 libmission-control-plugins0 libnice10 libsoup-gnome2.4-1 libtelepathy-glib0
      libtelepathy-qt4-1 libvisual-0.4-0 plasma-dataengine-telepathy-presence plasma-widget-telepathy-presence python-crypto python-farsight
      python-gst0.10 python-libxml2 python-openssl python-papyon python-telepathy telepathy-butterfly telepathy-kde telepathy-kde-approver
      telepathy-kde-contact-list telepathy-kde-data telepathy-kde-text-ui telepathy-mission-control-5
      (of course some of these are quite understandable)

Comment

just got this back from the mailing lists
        On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 16:46, buzzmandt <buzzmandt@gmail.com> wrote:
        Oh my, ok. I installed gnome-keyring and it saves passwords but still doesn't
        reconnect automatically on restart. I removed gnome-keyring and it's
        associated libraries (It pulled in 8 files on my CLEAN kde install) Thanks so
        much for the hard work devs and it looks really really good. Hopefully there
        will be a better way than gnome keyring to come along soon.
        -Dale

Yes, there will be. The solution is in the works. No version promises though

--
        Marty K.

Comment

Looks like the upcoming 0.2 version won't depend on gnome-keyring anymore:
          http://www.sharpley.org.uk/node/20

Comment

Yay! I sure hope their SIP support works. If so, then I can finally get rid of this goofy (yet workable) Twinkle softphone.

Comment

im having issues with the most current version
              gabble won't connect to facebook and google talk and telepathy-kde guys send me to telepathy-gabble guys, and they send me to telepathy, who in turn sends me back....bla bla.....
              help....

Code:
              buzzmandt@buzzmandt-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$ GABBLE_PERSIST=true GABBLE_DEBUG=all /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-gabble
              (process:4461): tp-glib/proxy-DEBUG: tp_proxy_dispose: 0x10de000
              (process:4461): tp-glib/proxy-DEBUG: tp_proxy_invalidate: 0x10de000: Proxy unreferenced
              (process:4461): tp-glib/proxy-DEBUG: tp_proxy_finalize: 0x10de000
              (process:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_plugin_loader_probe (plugin-loader.c:130): probing /usr/lib/telepathy/gabble-0
              ** (process:4461): DEBUG: gabble_plugin_create: loaded
              (process:4461): gabble-DEBUG: plugin_loader_try_to_load (plugin-loader.c:99): loaded 'Gateway registration plugin' version 0.15.0 (/usr/lib/telepathy/gabble-0/gateways.so), implementing these sidecars: org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Gabble.Plugin.Gateways
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib-DEBUG: started version 0.15.0 (telepathy-glib version 0.17.3)
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/params-DEBUG: tp_base_protocol_sanitize_parameters: using specified value for account: "buzzmandt@chat.facebook.com"
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/params-DEBUG: tp_base_protocol_sanitize_parameters: using specified value for server: "chat.facebook.com"
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_class_init (connection.c:920): Initializing (GabbleConnectionClass *)0x1100620
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/presence-DEBUG: tp_presence_mixin_class_init: called.
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_init (connection.c:519): Initializing (GabbleConnection *)0x110a160
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_capabilities_init (capabilities.c:234): 0x110a160
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_roomlist_manager_constructed (roomlist-manager.c:210): 0x10d62c0
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:status-changed with context 0x10ff420
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:status-changed with context 0x10ff280
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_server_tls_manager_constructed (server-tls-manager.c:418): Server TLS Manager constructed
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:status-changed with context 0x10ff340
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:status-changed with context 0x10ff660
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:porter-available with context 0x10ff160
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_constructor (connection.c:390): Post-construction: (GabbleConnection *)0x110a160
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/presence-DEBUG: tp_presence_mixin_init: called.
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x10d6340:item-found with context 0x111d360
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_signal_connect_weak (util.c:966): connecting to 0x110a160:status-changed with context 0x111d2e0
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_constructed (connection.c:502): defaulted resource to 1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/connection-DEBUG: tp_base_connection_register: 0x110a160: bus name org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabber.buzzmandt_40chat_2efacebook_2ecom_2f1b01d469; object path /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/gabble/jabber/buzzmandt_40chat_2efacebook_2ecom_2f1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/connection-DEBUG: tp_presence_mixin_get_contacts_dbus_property: called.
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/presence-DEBUG: tp_presence_mixin_get_simple_presence_dbus_property: called.
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3399): enter
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi media capabilities:
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3469): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi has no interesting capabilities
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi has no interesting data forms
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler media capabilities:            
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3469): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler has no interesting capabilities   
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler has no interesting data forms    
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler media capabilities:        
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_ft_manager_represent_client (ft-manager.c:1040): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler supports file transfer     
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3460): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler contributes:         
               --begin--                                                                                          
               Feature: [url]http://jabber.org/protocol/si/profile/file-transfer[/url]
               Feature: [url]http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/xmpp/file-transfer-metadata[/url]
               Feature: [url]http://google.com/xmpp/protocol/share/v1[/url]
               --end--

(telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler has no interesting data forms
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_refresh_capabilities (connection.c:2446): incorporating caps for org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler:
               --begin--
               Feature: [url]http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/xmpp/file-transfer-metadata[/url]
               --end--

(telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:336): about to add caps to resource 1b01d469 with serial 1
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:347): found resource 1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:352): new serial 1, old 0, clearing caps
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:360): updating caps for resource 1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_refresh_capabilities (connection.c:2478): not emitting self-presence stanza: not connected yet
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/presence-DEBUG: tp_presence_mixin_simple_presence_set_presence: called.
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): tp-glib/presence-DEBUG: check_for_status: Found status "available", checking if it's available...
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3399): enter
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi media capabilities:
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3469): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi has no interesting capabilities
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.TextUi has no interesting data forms
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler media capabilities:
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3469): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler has no interesting capabilities
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.SASLHandler has no interesting data forms
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_media_factory_add_caps (media-factory.c:1016): Client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler media capabilities:
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_ft_manager_represent_client (ft-manager.c:1040): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler supports file transfer
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3460): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler contributes:
               --begin--
               --end--

(telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_update_capabilities (connection.c:3491): client org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler has no interesting data forms
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_refresh_capabilities (connection.c:2446): incorporating caps for org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Client.KDE.FileTransferHandler:
               --begin--
               --end--

(telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:336): about to add caps to resource 1b01d469 with serial 2
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:347): found resource 1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:352): new serial 2, old 1, clearing caps
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_presence_set_capabilities (presence.c:360): updating caps for resource 1b01d469
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: gabble_connection_refresh_capabilities (connection.c:2469): nothing to do
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: _gabble_connection_connect (connection.c:2141): disabling SRV because "server" or "old-ssl" was specified or port was not 5222, will connect to chat.facebook.com
              (telepathy-gabble:4461): gabble-DEBUG: _gabble_connection_connect (connection.c:2200): Start connecting

** CRITICAL **: unable to create '/home/buzzmandt/.cache/dconf'; dconf will not work properly.
              Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
              buzzmandt@buzzmandt-Compaq-Presario-CQ60-Notebook-PC:~$
              I'm sure it's about the "** CRITICAL **: unable to create '/home/buzzmandt/.cache/dconf'; dconf will not work properly.
              Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)"

I do have full permissions as far as i can tell in the .cache folder, not sure why it can't create there. can anyone help here?

Comment

Working...
              X