This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: users comments on various android cell phone implementations

wellllll the tower has screws on the side of it and the android doesn't !!! lol

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

LAUGH AS YOU WILL.......

But because of my very COMPLICATED SCHEDULE....

I ANALLY RETENTIVELY.....have....

TWO CLOCKS...

a) one to wake me for my monday wednesday friday classes...(they meet at 7 in the morning U.S.)
      b) another to wake me for my tuesday thursday classes....they meet at 11 in the morning in the U.S.

BUT...I have my android phone set to go off five minutes before each of the above...

my phone is going to become my ...... alarm clock.

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

@SteveRiley - Thank you for all the input. Seems like you have been scouting xda quit alot! I just find it a jungle of information

I have a question, I have a HTC hero that I would like to pull some information from, especially the text conversations. but search for other things not on the flash card. I'm about to sell it as I got a new HTC sensation, but would like to pull the info before I factory reset the Hero, the Hero is rooted, running a old ROM 1.6 possibly.

Would terminal emulator do this task? (I haven't the phone here now to test

thank for the info in this thread to all. As mentioned, these devices are computers but smaller. The box I had ~2002 on which I first tried Mandrake, wasn't as juiced up as my HTC sensation

Best regards

Jonas
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Your sensation came with an app to transfer some data directly from other phones via bluetooth. I used it (I'm a new sensation owner too) with my blackberry, but it was an unsupported model so I only got contacts. No biggie as my blackberry had pics all on the microsd card and I use google contacts to sync anyway.

If you're a photo keeper, you can usb to your sd card in the sensation and create folders to put photos in and they will be auto-detected by the photo viewer app. Also, create a folder named "ringtones" (must be lower case) and any audio file in it will be available as a ring tone.

Killer apps so far:
          Keep Safe: protect "private" photos with a pin code. Necessary for those of us with photogenic spouse!

ShopSavvy Barcode scanner: Awesome - product details and local/internet price and shopping info with a single click.

Angry Birds: Great time-killer.

Another tip: put the Wifi and GPS power widgets on a screen. You can add several hours of battery life by turning these on only when you need them.

Now off to XDA to look into rooting so I can kill some pre-installed bloatware.

Please Read Me

Comment

I took the thing about having icons on the screen to heart and removed them and the battery life has exteneded somewhat.

On the Verizon Samsung there are various apps one cannot get rid of they are hard wired in I guess to the OS., like skype and Yahoo IM and i have to turn them off manually in running applications and that is also extending battery life.

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Sorry to have been away for a few days...several back-to-back biz trips.

Originally posted by Jonas
              I have a question, I have a HTC hero that I would like to pull some information from, especially the text conversations. but search for other things not on the flash card. I'm about to sell it as I got a new HTC sensation, but would like to pull the info before I factory reset the Hero, the Hero is rooted, running a old ROM 1.6 possibly.
              Look in the market for an SMS backup application. I haven't used any of these, so I don't have one to recommend.

Originally posted by woodsmoke
              On the Verizon Samsung there are various apps one cannot get rid of they are hard wired in I guess to the OS., like skype and Yahoo IM and i have to turn them off manually in running applications and that is also extending battery life.
              Titanium Backup will help you here. You can delete just about any app on the phone with this thing, including apps that are in the ROM. If you prefer to keep them around, Titanium has a "freeze" feature which leaves the .apk file (that's the application) in place but prevents it from running. A third choice would be to use the Autostarts application I mentioned, which reveals application "intents" which you can then fiddle with. Understanding which intents you can change without permanently affecting your phone (and requiring a full reflash) takes time, though, so if you want to go that route, let me know.

Comment

TWO CLOCKS...

a) one to wake me for my monday wednesday friday classes...(they meet at 7 in the morning U.S.)
                b) another to wake me for my tuesday thursday classes....they meet at 11 in the morning in the U.S.

BUT...I have my android phone set to go off five minutes before each of the above...

woodsmoke
                Lol, same here. But this is not a new phenomenon, the young ones have been doing this for years
                One side benefit is that even dumb phones with alarms automatically adjust for daylight savings, makes it harder for my employees to use the time change as an excuse for being late to work

Comment

I forgot to mention I got my Droid Charge about 2 weeks back.

As it is verizon, it too has the unremovable extras. I have it rooted and running a leaked Samsung gingerbread update so i can use the front facing camera, but I did not go the de-bloated route just yet. Titanium backup's freeze feature is an option that I do like and use.

Flashing the charge I had to set up a windows VM to run the Odin flasher program, but I need to get the nerve to try the cross-platform (Linux!) Heimdall program. It is abit more work to use in comparison, heck I really should just see what it takes to do this on the command line. You can't imagine how many people would howl if they had to flash a rom the hard way

Comment

Re: LAUGH AS YOU WILL.......

TWO CLOCKS...

woodsmoke
                    So, actually you have three clocks!
                    A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure. ~Lee Segall
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

lol
                      GG I keep at least five watches on my third arm!

claydoh

Now this.....

excuse for being late to work

is just cruel!! lol

woodsmoke
                      sigpic
                      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                      X