X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu crash while updating! :(

hi..

I was using kubuntu 9. (forgot the correct version) , and i tried to update by system using command prompt. In between something happened and update got stuck. When I restarted, Its now showing 'ubuntu 10.4 loading' and then it showed not able to mount,Skip using S or mount manually using M.
    When I pressed M, I got one command prompt. Now what can I do to get things back. I want to atleast copy my datas to my hard disk. Its showing read only file system, ommitted copying.. What to do..Please help Asap...My exams are apporaching..
    pls reply asap... thank u...

Re: Kubuntu crash while updating!

What exactly are you trying to copy? If it's just your home folder, you should be able to do
    Code:
    ~ $ chmod -Rv 0777 /home/username
    (you shouldn't need root access for that, but just in case you still get permission denied, do it as root)
    And if there's more you need to back up, then
    Code:
    ~ $ su -
    Password:
    ~ # chmod -Rv 0777 /
    Now everything you chmod'ed should be readable and writable and you should be able to back it up.
    You like Linux and/or security(hacking)? I've got a site for that! [meeb0@terminallyuncretive ~] $

Comment

Re: Kubuntu crash while updating!

try to run with live cd....copy the file you need to other partition( if you have) or to thumbdrive.
      this what im do when my ubuntu cant load..

after that fresh install.....

Comment

Working...
      X