This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 11.04 with new Kernel won't load, but Old kernel will [SOLVED]

On my HP Netbook did an upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. Upon reboot I was faced with the Kubuntu splash screen, and that's it.

Rebooting the computer into recovery mode sees the computer hang every time on the "Skip stopping firewall: ufw (not enabled)" step.

If I log on using the previous kernel, I'm able to log into the system, but for some reason I have no network access.

Options? I can't get to a terminal prompt to try and repair broken packages.

This is my fourth computer I've installed 11.04 on. One thing I've noticed that if the install takes a couple of hours, It's going to fail. The only successful upgrade for me so far has been my notebook. Upgrade took 11 minutes, and had complete access within 30 minutes.

Re: Upgrade to 11.04 with new Kernel won't load, but Old kernel will [SOLVED]

I'm not sure why, but it's working now. I shut the computer down all day and let it sit there.

Come home from work and boot it, and it went straight into 11.04 like it's supposed to.

This is the second computer to do this. The computer for my kids also had numerous problems, but letting is sit for several hours "fixed" it.

Comment

Working...
    X