X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.6.1 released

KDE 4.6.1 has been released today. Instructions here:
    http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-release-day-461

I always try to avoid .0 releases, but this is the first bug release, I'll take the plunge

Re: KDE 4.6.1 released

I am up and running, so far so good.
    Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Lots of little issues here. This is the last time I upgrade a major KDE release.

* The KDE login session doesn't exist, so my autologin crashed the desktop login. Luckily, after a reboot I ended up getting an LXDE session, I was able to logout and then login with the new session name (KDE Plasma Desktop)
      * Akonadi is giving me a popup at login, with lots of little errors. I had thought that as in the past
      * All my widgets including the panel have black fonts on a black background, barely readable

Oh well, I should have been patient. The rest of my computers will remain on KDE 4.5.* until 11.04 is out and handle things properly ...

Comment

Got it install. In ubuntu 10.10 gnome I opened up terminal and typed.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

Things look good. Seem that urban terror 4.1 runs better in kde. Man the kde 4.6 looks beautiful.
        Haven't done much and I'll give kde a try once again.

Comment

I ran 4.5.* ever since I started using Kubuntu, so I was a little shaky about putting 4.6.1 on my computer, especially since its a weak little netbook. But, I took the chance and so far everything works to near maximum satisfaction. I've actually had less crashing on my system since I upgraded then when I ran 4.5. The only thing that is unsatisfactory is that the Docky docking theme doesn't show a couple items. It could be the theme I'm using [a mixture of custom themes and tweaks that I like], since I haven't changed it back to the default settings yet. Though, as jcer puts it:
          Originally posted by jcer93705
          Man the kde 4.6 looks beautiful.
          That was my first thought when I saw it, then I put all my tweaks on it, then I installed Docky[I had attempted to use Daisy when I was using 4.5. I wasn't pleased with how it worked, since I like the Docky effect of raising, etc.]
          Like I've said, I've had fewer crashes[plasma-desktop went out once, and that was me intentionally trying to knock it out. I managed to get GIMP, downloading a package file, Rekonq browsing multiple tabs, Firefox streaming flash plugins, and I was trying to change desktops when plasma-desktop finally died. It happened because desktop-effects went out[thats gone a couple times, but its not a problem] and then the whole thing popped for a minute. It all came back though, which was great. 4.5 didn't recover the plasma-desktop nearly as fast.

Those are just my thoughts and observations, I can include the strange Docky image lacking thereof if it wants to be seen, haha

EDIT:
          I have noticed some "freezing" as much as Linux freezes, which it sort of is doing. But what happens is, if I highlight my mouse over an icon on my spacer, it freezes for a short duration, anywhere between 10-25 seconds. If I swing my mouse to the "show all" feature, it freezes for about the same length of time. Not sure if this has any significance or not. Its my main big problem now
          Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Working...
          X