Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody else have Chrome requesting KWallet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody else have Chrome requesting KWallet?

Chrome v.10.0.648.82 beta is now requesting KWallet access but it happens randomly and doesn't always correlate with a website for which I would provide a password.

Has anyone else seen this going on? I guess I can just tell KWallet to always allow Chrome but I haven't been able to find out why Chrome wants to use KWallet in the first place.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Re: anybody else have Chrome requesting KWallet?

Having the same with the Chromium "Beta" version from PPA ...
    maybe Chrome devs finally want secure password storage ?
    "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." - Mitch Ratcliffe

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai

Has anyone else seen this going on?
      Confirmed, and same deal on Debian Sid with KDE 4.5.3, so it's not just Kubuntu.

I think axel has probably hit the right answer.

Comment

Yeah, and I guess on second glance it is pretty secure. At first, when it popped up, I thought my security was being undermined somehow. But now that I think about it, it's pretty ingenious that the devs have managed to interface to core-KDE components.

Cool stuff.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
        X