This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network unmanaged

Running karmic on a laptop - wireless says "unmanaged" and won't connect anymore - it worked for over two years, and several months since the upgrade. How do I make it "managed" again so it works?

Re: Network unmanaged

Welcome to the forums!

I'm just wondering why you want it to say "managed". In the two years that your wireless worked, did it say managed or unmanaged?

I have a feeling something else is wrong, but you could change the configuration file, like in this thread. I don't run network manager or wireless so I can't test it here.

Comment

SOLVED Network unmanaged

ifconfig -a showed wlan0 down. giving ifconfig wlan0 up brought it up but it still wasn't connect to the wan. I plugged in a cat5 - even though that interface has never worked - kwallet prompted me for a password, I entered it and the wireless came up. Go figure.

Comment

I'm still having problems and have NEVER found help online.

I thought it was fixed in 10.04.3 but I just had the problem AGAIN.

In the past, I have only been able to REINSTALL Kubuntu, which is MADDENING!!! >

I tried to post my own thread in "Help the new guy": http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3119701 but no answers thus far.

I thought there were more helpful people here as opposed to ubuntuforums.org...

I can't believe we can't get help online to such essential subjects as say, GETTING ONLINE!!!

I had a problem with KPPP giving a status of "Modem busy" and the only apparent solution was to reboot. Never solved to my knowledge. Frustrating when working on a slow connection and loading big pages, only to have to reboot and do it all over again. But THAT is much better than to have no internet access at all with a message of "Unmanaged".

Comment

@rackIT and @elludium: please show us the output of

cat /etc/network/interfaces

Comment

Sure SteveRiley,

Probably a moot point now that I fixed the problem for the time being ( http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...1744#msg281744 ) but here:
            Code:
            me@mymachine:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
            auto lo
            iface lo inet loopback

me@mymachine:~$
            Also, it seems I'm in the wrong bar, again I found this 9.10 thread through a hurried search. I'm using 8.04 at home and 10.04 out and about.

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X