X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOWTO Configure KDE and Akonadi so it just works

@@kle -

Not a bore. This HOWTO was written based on 'my experiences' and on my '32-bit CPU' OS. I can't/won't say that 'as written' it works on a 64-bit installation.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I didn't know what Akonadi was, so I went searching and found this.

It looks like a giant glue gun for KDE based apps like Kontact, Kalander, KMail, Konqueror, KOffice, etc.

How does (or can) it connect with non-KDE4.5 apps such as Thunderbird or FireFox, etc
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
        How does (or can) it connect with non-KDE4.5 apps such as Thunderbird or FireFox, etc
        It doesn't.

Comment

May be just as well. With the advent of KDE 4.5.1, I have been thinking about dropping FireFox & Thunderbird and using Konqueror & KMail. I also am looking at dropping OpenOffice and switching to KOffice.

Konqueror is running better than FireFox in KDE 4.5.1, and I used KMail for years. This morning I found I could open some of my 20 year old Ami Pro *.SAM documents using KOffice. 8)

The way things are going I may end up being strictly a Qt4 shop!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            @@kle -

Not a bore. This HOWTO was written based on 'my experiences' and on my '32-bit CPU' OS. I can't/won't say that 'as written' it works on a 64-bit installation.
            It does work. Followed the steps on my 64-bit HP Pavilion g7 for Kubuntu 11.04. Kontact/KMail work just fine.

Comment

A nice/useful read

http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/178/26/
              A very nice alternative to M$ Exchange...

My school gave me an email account that uses Exchange 2007

I have my student email set-up with IMAP, GMX mail with IMAP, GMAIL with IMAP, GCalendar, GContacts
              Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
              X