X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOWTO: Add KDE 4.5.0 Repository

KDE SC 4.5.0 Packages Available
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: HOWTO: Add KDE 4.4.3 PPA

any difference?

Comment

From KDE 4.4.2? Not that I notice. But the important thing is, no problems either.

Comment

that is good. I looked at the kde org site, it some bug fixes but I havent noticed. My dolphin crashes a few times a week but thats it. No other issues i noticed. They talk about terminal fixes as well.

Ill read up on this further.

Comment

I haven't had a dolhin crash in a long time. Launch dolphin from a terminal and use it until it crashes and look at the output.

Please Read Me

Comment

Will 4.4.3 stay in PPA repositories? Or is Kubuntu team planning to release it officially for LL or MM?
            Multibooting: Kubuntu Jammy 22.04
            Before: Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
            Win / & 10 sadly
            Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu

Main Menu -> System Settings -> Add and Remove Software -> Settings -> Edit Software Sources -> Other Software -> Add
              Enter: ppa: kubuntu-ppa/ppa

OK.

Comment

Ok, what am I missing? When I add that line, I get an error message saying that it's a malformed line

Comment

Originally posted by ivan
                  Enter: ppa: kubuntu-ppa/ppa
                  Because the above is incorrectly formatted. The correct syntax is:
                  ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
                  (No space after the colon)

If you followed the link in my earlier post in this thread you would have been fine.

Comment

This is probably a dumb question, but what do I do now? I've got the new repository in. How do I tell my system to install 4.4.3?

Comment

The easiest way IMO is using Synaptic.

Once you have your new repo enabled, launch it, hit reload, and it will list all the upgraded packages.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Olwe
                        This is probably a dumb question, but what do I do now? I've got the new repository in. How do I tell my system to install 4.4.3?
                        Code:
                        sudo apt-get update
                        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

sudo apt-get update
                          This produces:
                          Reading package lists... Done
                          W: GPG error: http://linux.dropbox.com karmic Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY FC918B335044912E
                          W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 43BB102C405A15CB
                          Apparently I've got some dodgy repos. What should I do? Anyway, it seems to be saying "nothing to do."

Likewise sudo apt-get dist-upgrade does
                          0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                          I'm guessing I don't have my repo house in order after all... Alas, my dreams of becoming a Linux god are being thwarted...

Comment

Sorry please ignore

Comment

Install was easy and painless. Its been running very stable for me. I don't use some of the flakier (less stable) apps. I really like it overall.

Wish default config was neomuk/strigi off! (Even windows 9x you had to enable indexing. Its going to be a resource monster when indexing no matter how efficient it is. Seems to not save the cache and re indexes on every boot directly to memory?)
                              and
                              Would like to see smooth-tasks taskbar in the repositories (no big deal to compile it but... still its a sweet modern task-bar addition to the desktop).

Comment

Working...
                              X