X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOWTO: Add KDE 4.4.3 PPA

Originally posted by Nate
    Should this post still be stickied?
    Only if the title is changed to "HowTo: Add Kde 4.5.0 ppa" and the first post edited accordingly.
    Could some mod please do that?
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Re: HOWTO: Add KDE 4.5.0 Repository

Done.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by ivan
        See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu

Main Menu -> System Settings -> Add and Remove Software -> Settings -> Edit Software Sources -> Other Software -> Add
        Enter: ppa: kubuntu-ppa/ppa

OK.
        Personally I find
        Code:
        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
        from the console much easier.

Comment

"Six of one, half-dozen of another."

More than one way to accomplish the deed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw
            Originally posted by ivan
            See: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu

Main Menu -> System Settings -> Add and Remove Software -> Settings -> Edit Software Sources -> Other Software -> Add

OK.
            Personally I find
            Code:
            sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
            from the console much easier.
            Using Synaptic, Settings > Repositories > Add

is also much easier

I think these two alternatives should also be mentioned in the Repositories guide.
            Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Using Synaptic, Settings > Repositories > Add
              Just to complete the list

Same with muon:
              settings->configure software sources->other software->
              Add->Enter: ppa: kubuntu-ppa/ppa
              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Installed 4.5.0 packages, now have a bunch of blocked updates

After installing KDE 4.5.0, I now have a bunch of "blocked updates" as well as a "lost and found" section in System Settings. What if anything can I do about it?

Comment

Blocked updates: Open a terminal and give the following command:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Lost and found is a new section, so there's nothing to do about that.
                  Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Lost and found

Originally posted by Vistaus
                    Lost and found is a new section, so there's nothing to do about that.
                    Should I be doing anything about the items in that section? How did they get there?

Comment

When something doesn't fit in any other category, it's put there. So you shouldn't do anything about it.
                      Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

When something doesn't fit in any other category, it's put there. So you shouldn't do anything about it.
                        Yes. However, they should've better named it "Other" or something like that.
                        "Lost and Found" sounds like it shouldn't be there.

Comment

@Yuri: I agree with you. Lost and found isn't a good name for it. But my answer is still valid, since this is NOT something pwabrahams can do something about other than filing a bug report and suggesting a better name. But then he still has to wait until the name gets changed (4.6?) So my answer is still valid.

Comment

"Lost+Found" is an apt name. Think about you finding someones glasses at a restaurant you are at. You turn it in, and the restuarant puts it in there "lost and found" on the chance that the owner will come back and claim it. Same with those apps that get placed in Lost+Found. It's just the OS saying "I found this, but I don't know who it belongs to."

Comment

But then there are still some mistakes. Like KDE Partition Manager and Device Information ending up there instead of under Hardware.

Comment

But then there are still some mistakes. Like KDE Partition Manager and Device Information ending up there instead of under Hardware.
                                Not so here with my Kde 4.5. Partition Manager is sorted under "System Administration", and the Devices options are sorted under "Hardware".

Comment

Working...
                                X