This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No net in VMWare Player 3 (again)

I previously had problems with getting a network connection in XP running in a VMWare virtual machine. After updating the VMWare player, it worked again, see here http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3110112.0 .

Now I've upgraded Kubuntu to 10.04 and I had to also update VMWare to the newest version as the virtual device didn't want to compile at first. It eventually did.

But now the net is gone again with the exact same problems as described under the link above ... can anyone help? Where to look for the cause?

Thanks in advance ...

Re: No net in VMWare Player 3 (again)

Did you recently get a kernel update? I did, and now have two: 2.6.32-22 and 2.6.32-21. I boot using the newer kernel.

Anytime you get a new kernel, you need to go through the uninstall and install of VMware Player in order for it to build the new kernel modules that VMware Player needs.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: No net in VMWare Player 3 (again)

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know. The newer versions of VMWare automatically recompile when they detect a new kernel, which also happened in my case. Just to be sure, I also did this manually, to no avail ...

Comment

Working...
      X