This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Issues

I recently did a fresh install of Karmic 64 bit and was taken aback with the new looks. I love it. However, there are a few kinks that bug me including a major pain: SOUND. I've got two sound cards, i.e, the onboard card (Realtek AC97 recognised as Intel ICH) and a SoundBlaster Audigy2 PCI sound card. I have a tv tuner/capture card as well but that's not the bother. I can get sound from Amarok fine, but not from VLC. I've followed several howto's but still no luck. System sounds play fine if I set the default in Kmix as the sound blaster card. Thing is, I rather use the Realtek only for the headphones and general usage thrown to the sound blaster card.

Code:
    sudo fuser -v /dev/dsp* /dev/snd/* /dev/seq*
    yields nothing so I reckon nothing is blocking the sound card. However, if I do
    Code:
    alsamixer -Dhw:0
    it lists the Realtek as the first sound card. Correct me if I'm wrong but that to me sounds like it's still detecting the onboard sound card as the default.

How do I go rectifying this issue? I rather use VLC for my video viewing and streaming.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Re: Sound Issues

Kinda weird but booted today and the sound problem miraculously is gone. I can now hear audio in vlc now with no problem.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
    X