This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless configuration

i have kubuntu 8:04. The knetworkmanager did not connect to my wep enabled accespoint.

I used iwconfig and dhclient commands to configure. now i am able to ping google.com and download updates, but the default browser is still not cooneting! What could be the problem?

How do i get wireless connection to happen by default?

Re: wireless configuration

did you restart the browser? If yes, and it still doesn't work...have you tried firefox?

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by hema1999
      1) Go to Start and click on Control Panel.

2) Control Panel window will appear. Double click on Network Connections.

3) Network Connections window will appear. Right click correct Wireless Network Connection by identifying correct wireless adapter and click Properties.

4) Wireless Network Connection Properties will appear. Click Wireless Networks tab.

5) Tick Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings. This will change the wireless adapter management from wireless adapter configuration software to Windows XP built-in wireless configuration tool. Click Add to create preferred wireless network.

============
      buy steroids online
      beach wedding
      WHAT?!

This is for XP or something else! Here, is diferent!

Originally posted by chimanrao
      i have kubuntu 8:04. The knetworkmanager did not connect to my wep enabled accespoint.

I used iwconfig and dhclient commands to configure. now i am able to ping google.com and download updates, but the default browser is still not cooneting! What could be the problem?

How do i get wireless connection to happen by default?
      I think that is a DNS problem!

In /etc/resolv.conf insert your(s) DNS IP(s) server(s)
      or Open DNS
      Code:
      nameserver 208.67.222.222
      nameserver 208.67.220.220
      (I'm not sure if inside 8.04 is the same file. I'm using 9.10).

Comment

I have a similar problem I think. I recently installed Kubuntu 9.10 on a desktop. I installed a Netgear WG311v3 wireless PCI adapter. I went through the nutroll of installing ndiswrapper, and the win 2000 driver. I verified that the adapter is recognised and that the driver is loaded. Unfortunately, I can't connect to my home wireless network. I am using network manager. Network Manager initially detected my home network, but doesn't now. Even when it did recognise my network, I couldn't configure the adapter to connect.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X