• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 2.0 Released!

Amarok 2.0 Released

Get it from here: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.0

Re: Amarok 2.0 Released!

Can't wait to get home Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Downloading podcasts is no longer a insta-crash.... I guess that is an improvement (over the alphas/betas, which of course were going to have problems... blah, blah, blah)! I wonder how well iPod syncing works with it...

Hmmm... no sound with Amarok 2.0. Worked with the RC and sound is working with other apps VLC, etc. ATM...

Comment

I am running Amarok 2.0 -- Sweet!

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
        Downloading podcasts is no longer a insta-crash.... I guess that is an improvement (over the alphas/betas, which of course were going to have problems... blah, blah, blah)! I wonder how well iPod syncing works with it...
        Can you just listen to the podcast in Amarok? I see them, I click on them and nothing happens!

Hmmm... no sound with Amarok 2.0. Worked with the RC and sound is working with other apps VLC, etc. ATM...
        Arrgghh. Working fine here!

Comment

Has anyone else noticed the system becoming unresponsive while running Amarok 2.0? Memory usage was also very high (like 300 Mb for Amarok, and a lot of swap memory). Maybe it was a coincidence, but killing Amarok solved the issue and the desktop (an AMD Sempron 2400+) is responsive again ...

Comment

I've installed Amarok2 and I'm loving it so far.

1 question though - on my old version of Amarok I had the AmarokScreensaver script running. It doesn't show up in the script manager now so I tried reinstalling it only to get the message "Amarokscreensaver script is already installed, please uninstall first."

How do I uninstall if it doesn't appear to exist? I tried deleting the folder with the screensaver but it doesn's seem to work.

Comment

I was getting very comfortable with Amarok 2, for several weeks (I installed it as a beta), but the latest round of KDE 4.2 beta updates broke Amarok 2 completely, on my rig -- it would only put up a Sig 6 error when I tried to launch it. I installed the prior Amarok and it runs flawlessly. I guess Amarok 2 will have to wait a bit.

Comment

I have just moved back to the old amarok.
                I ran V2 for two weeks and it looks great it dose not work well.
                Issues I found were the play back would stop and not recover. I would have to close it, then restart (if it did not crash on closing). I often have to pause my played to take a call or talk to some one, and when you un-pause it looks like its playing but it not.

Also the mini player is not there, and the Plasmoid for amarok did not work. Music keeps me sane in my tech roll, so I need a player that works.

Now I do see promise for this new version, but I will have to wait till it is a complete player before I switch back to it.

Noel Vh
                ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Guys, I just got an update for Amarok-2, from the same repo as in the announcement. I thought I'd drop a line ...

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
                    ...Hmmm... no sound with Amarok 2.0. Worked with the RC and sound is working with other apps VLC, etc. ATM...
                    With today's update, I now have sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X