X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.10 now released

Kubuntu 8.10 is now ready for download
    Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Re: 8.10 now released

Without any post, I believe most people of here have already know it long...long... time ago ~
    P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Why does the distrowatch announcement not include kubuntu release with the Ubuntu announced release?

I now see the Kubuntu release announcement on distrowatch. Nice touch. I would like to see more, such as a kubuntu sched base on kde releases, instead of gnome release schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by crossface

I would like to see more, such as a kubuntu sched base on kde releases, instead of gnome release schedule.

Maybe Mark Shuttleworth would be receptive to a partner ....

Comment

I would like to see more, such as a kubuntu sched base on kde releases, instead of gnome release schedule.
          Blueprint > KubuntuReleaseSchedule
          Summary

With KDE moved to a 6 month release cycle, consider if Kubuntu should move to a cycle which matches KDE. This would mean releasing Kubuntu in February and August, shortly after the KDE release and 4 months after the Ubuntu release...

Outcomes

From the discussion, we considered the advantages of syncing release schedule to KDE are not sufficiently great as to merit overcoming the disadvantages created...

More > Topic: Intrepid Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.1, Release notes...
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by garry_3peace
            Without any post, I believe most people of here have already know it long...long... time ago ~

*most*
            Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Comment

I just want to know where the heck to get the public alpha of 4.2. I can't seem to find it anywhere, but the release schedule says it should be available!

I've been running 8.10 since alpha6 and other than having to tweak my 8700GT and install a backport driver for my intel4965 wireless, it's been pretty smooth!

Comment

About KDE 4.2 Alpha 1

...but the release schedule says it should be available!
                Should it ?

> KDE4.2 Release Schedule
                ...All dates given here are subject to revision, but we will try our best to stick to them if possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
                  About KDE 4.2 Alpha 1

...but the release schedule says it should be available!
                  Should it ?

Drat! Foiled by semantics.
                  Well as I mentioned, 8.10 has been great, And I'm looking forward to the changes in KDE4.2!

Comment

Originally posted by Nos4ah2
                    I just want to know where the heck to get the public alpha of 4.2. I can't seem to find it anywhere, but the release schedule says it should be available!
                    It will be announced when available (You'll probably see it on www.kde.org, forum.kde.org + www.kubuntu.org and these forums if it's packaged for kubuntu).

KDE might also skip public alpha altogether since they have weekly snapshots anyway. Beta is expected in November (after the hard freeze). That might be a good time to jump in to help testing.

Comment

It will be announced when available (You'll probably see it on www.kde.org, forum.kde.org + www.kubuntu.org and these forums if it's packaged for kubuntu).
                      I can't wait

In the mean time I have been playing with the neon-kde-nightly on hardy.

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/User:Apac..._Neon/KDE/Info

Very sweet but don't try it with Intrepid. Does not work!!
                      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

.. and KDE has: kde-announce -- moderated list for KDE related announcements, where you can subscribe announcements to your mailbox.

> KDE Schedules
                        During development, the KDE project sets goals in features and dates for upcoming releases. This way, the team knows when it would be a good time to add a new feature or when it's time to focus on cleaning up any bugs in preparation for a release. Any plans are tentative schedules and the final dates are generally decided on the kde-core-devel mailing list.
                        >> kde-core-devel

Both have archives: "To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the kde-core-devel Archives."

Comment

Rog131

Man!! You have all the links! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X