This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kernel + Screensaver = 80% Brightness [Solved by newer Kernel]

Since the kernel upgrade (to 2.6.24-17-generic) in Gutsy, my screen brightness dims to 80% after the screen saver stops. Anybody else getting this?
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: New Kernel + Screensaver = 80% Brightness

Originally posted by finifly
    Since the kernel upgrade (to 2.6.24-17-generic) in Gutsy, my screen brightness dims to 80% after the screen saver stops. Anybody else getting this?
    I encountered the same symptoms briefly when HH was in alpha, but I removed my old legacy .compiz directory while working on a separate issue - resolving both problems.
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

I haven't installed compiz so it's definitely not related to this.
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

This could be related to the Intel graphics drivers, as I have another computer with an Nvidia graphics card running Hardy and this doesn't happen.

I'm also having the same brightness issues when I run a guest OS on Virtualbox.

Comment

This seems to have been fixed with 2.6.24-18-generic for both the screen saver and VirtualBox issue.

Comment

Re: New Kernel + Screensaver = 80% Brightness [Solved by newer Kernel]

Just an update here, the screen brightness issue has returned with 2.6.24-19-generic for VirtualBox. I'm not sure about the screensaver as I have reverted back to *18-generic.

Comment

Working...
            X