Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to boot off Kubuntu Flight-3 Dapper Testing CD (Live, PowerPC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to boot off Kubuntu Flight-3 Dapper Testing CD (Live, PowerPC)

I am unable to boot the Flight-3 Dapper Live CD for PowerPC on my Mac mini.

I can dowload the ISO disc image for the Live CD, and it burns fine on a (Memorex) CD-RW (using Toast 7 Titanium - 1x speed). However, when I insert the disc in my internal ATA Combodrive and boot off the Live CD, I can see the Kubuntu "logo", but once it starts "Mounting Root File System" nothing happens. After a few minutes, the Combodrive spins down, and after about 15 to 25 minutes, I get impatient and hold the power button ...

The exact same thing happens with Flight-2 Dapper Live CD, but Kubuntu Breezy 5.10 boots fine (same disc, burning software, computer and Combodrive).

Do you know what could be causing this issue, or where I could get more help ?

Re: Unable to boot off Kubuntu Flight-3 Dapper Testing CD (Live, PowerPC)

I am having the exact same problem on my Dell. I have a dell laptop (6000) and the Breezy Live CD boots fine but once I slap in the Dapper it has exactly the same affect....mounts...shows blacksceen...spins down. I have tried it in my roommates laptop and it runs fine...any ideas? Just in case you need it: 1.87ghz pentium m, 1 gig ram, Radeon x300 PCIX, and it is centrino running a 2915 wireless.

Comment

Re: Unable to boot off Kubuntu Flight-3 Dapper Testing CD (Live, PowerPC)

Interestingly, I do not have problems booting off a Dapper Flight-3 Live CD for i386, on two Dells, two Inspirons, one being a 1150 and the other a 8400 (I think).

My issue is with the PowerPC disc. Other than that, it appears that we are experiencing similar symptoms.

I pretty much gave up using Linux Live CDs on my Mac, as it seems that I won't be able to connect wirelessly w/out instlling and adding some kind of specific driver to have AirPort (Broadcom) work. Connecting with a wire is out of the question for me. (Note that I tried Dapper to see it the new Kernel supported AirPort -  otherwise I would have stayed with Breezy)

Maybe you'll find this interesting :

http://kubuntu.org/special-cds.php

Comment

Working...
      X