X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueTooth and sync with my cell phone

Hi,

I installed Kubuntu 7.10 in a Toshiba Satellite A60. I'm testing the Bluetooth connection to my Samsung D836 phone, which have a cute Windows software to backup the phone data and eventually have it on synch with MS Outlook.
    Using the Bluetooth tools provided out of the box in Kubuntu, I was able to see my phone, and push files into it, but not to see actual contents of my phone. When I clicked on the phone icon, Dolphin opens showing no contents nor the phone file structure. Bluetooth is activated in the phone, and I have marked photos and Contact info so I can see them somehow in Kubuntu, but that does not happen.
    I need to have some mean in Kubuntu to sync my phone contact info, or at least have it stored/backed up in my PC. I have CrossOver Office and I was thinking on trying to install the cell Software on it, but I don't know if it will detect the Bluetooth adapter I connect through USB.
    Any ideas on how can I manage/sync my cell info (Contacts, Tasks, images) with my Laptop in Kubuntu?

Thank you,
    Guillermo
Working...
X