This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless intel pro 2200BG not working

Hey guys I have a nice Sony Vaio VGN-FS790, just installed kubuntu. Seem to be running
    smooth, except, it didn't install automatically my nvidia card, and some other stuff, but
    got it to work, now does anybody got this intel pro wireless 2200BG working? Thanks

Re: Wireless intel pro 2200BG not working

It looks like for everyone else, it just works. Make sure that you have it switched on. If you didn't, do that and reboot. If it still doesn't work, go to K>System Settings>Network Settings and see if it shows up there. If it does, but shows disabled or without an IP address, click on your adapter and then click Configure Interface. Make sure that Automatic/dhcp is checked and that Activate when the computer starts is checked. If you know your SSID, go ahead and enter it. Save your changes and exit. Let us know if that works.

Comment

Hi,
      I also am having a problem using my notebooks 2200BG card.

I was previously using a Feisty install, and had no problems.

I recently upgraded to Gutsy, and when running off of the install CD - my wireless card shows up in the
      KNetworkManager - along with displaying my wireless network SSIDs.

I installed off of the CD, and now KNetworkManager ONLY shows Wired Devices, and does not show
      my wireless Networks.

The driver for 2200BG IS loaded, and it does show up as eth1 if I do an ifconfig.

Under KNetworkManager, I have toggled "Disable Wireless" and "Enable Wireless" but it made no difference.

Under "systems Settings -> Network Settings -> Network Interfaces,
      the 2200BG does show up - but the only encryption choices there is WEP. I much prefer the ability to
      configure WPAv2, which is what KNetworkManager USED to allow me to do - under Feisty and when
      running off the Gutsy CD.

I am hoping that there is just some obvious setting I am missing, but I have yet to find it.

Thanks for any advice...

Jim

Comment

thanks i already gotten to work last night forgot to edit it, but thanks, its working though, just forgot the switch was off. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X