This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellllpppp !!!! i'm tired of this ...

hi, i'm a new user and i keep on getting problems when i install any kind of Linux Distros in my system, wich is:

Mobo - Asus M2V-MX SE AM2 VIAK8M890
    Proc - ATHLON64 X2 4000+ 2.1GHZ
    Ram - Buffalo DDR 2 1Gb 667MHZ OEM
    Vid Card - Sapphire RADEON HD 2400PRO
    Wifi Card - SMC EZ Connect PCI Wireless 108Mbps

So the problem is when i try to install, any kind of distros i allways get kernnel panic ...

i tried with no sucess Fedora, Sabayon, Caixa Magica, Mandriva ... in all i tried the x64 version ...

can any one help me

thank you

Re: Hellllpppp !!!! i'm tired of this ...

When you use the Live CD, does it boot into the desktop? If not, have you tried the safe mode?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
      When you use the Live CD, does it boot into the desktop? If not, have you tried the safe mode?
      the live cd/dvd for instance in sabayon only boot up if i use the xdriver=vesa cheat but in the install the kernell panic comes again

Comment

OK then. So when booted with the Live CD, you can only do so with the Vesa driver? After you do the install and reboot then you get the Kernel Panic? I don't know how the two could be related, but after the install, it sounds as though the Graphics Driver being used after install may be causing problems. Can you at least boot into the Command Line after an install? If so, I'd run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" from there and when it asks for the type of graphic driver, choose Vesa. All other questions, the defaults usually are OK.

Comment

If you are using a sata HD, it appears that others may be having problems with this mobo.

http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic....5067769b4d158a

Comment

Originally posted by lingenfr
            If you are using a sata HD, it appears that others may be having problems with this mobo.

http://forums.xandros.com/viewtopic....5067769b4d158a
            Problem solved ... that board was (yeps this board will never boot up again i changed to a new one) a pain in the a*s ... and Kbuntu is up and running with the new board ...

Thank's again to you all, you're fabulous ...

Joe

Comment

Working...
            X