Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet banking with ANZ not supported & programs hard to install if at all.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet banking with ANZ not supported & programs hard to install if at all.

ANZ does not support kubuntu's web brouser . You can get as far as login on with your account and password but then all you get is a blank page.
    Seems to work fine with the bendigo bank.
    Any one heard of this problem? I would install the updated firefox 2 but when I tired to install it nothen happened.
    I am new to Kubuntu but I would think that if it was ment to be easy to use all you would need to do is click on the downloaded program and it should in stall. If there is a program you need to use to install or setup other programs it doesn't say anyware I could find. Add and remove did nothen with it. I spent 4 hours trying to install it ,I also tried installing winamp for Linux but the same thing....nothen! You can call me dumb but some thing smells here and it's not my arm pits or my ass.
    I can not recommend to anyone wanting to change from XP to go to Kubuntu if it's that hard to do something so easy as install a program.
    There has to be a simple way to install programs in Linux surely. I looked it up and got squat.

Re: Internet banking with ANZ not supported & programs hard to install if at all

Originally posted by dickie
    I can not recommend to anyone wanting to change from XP to go to Kubuntu if it's that hard to do something so easy as install a program.
    As with any new OS, you have to learn to work with it. Were you able to work with XP right away? As for a linux os like Ubuntu/Kubuntu the learning process is relatively fast and fun. I can vouch for it as I myself is new to this world.

As far as your specific problems, the forums are quite helpful. Try searching them for your problems and if you don't find a solution, then write in. The people here are quite supportive.

Also try to put in as much information you could while posting any query (eg. in your case; how did you try to install firefox - did you download the package from the firefox site or from Adept or Apt)

Hope I wasn't very harsh
    Happy Kubunting!
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

Re: Internet banking with ANZ not supported &amp; programs hard to install if at all

I just don't know all the words,I mean you can not use the same words as Windows. I need to find a list of windows works converted into Linux words. . Don't get me wrong I love Linux its great but as soon as I want to add something new or change things thats when the trouble begins. Is it a command that you type in the control screen (is it even called the control screen?) can anyone understand what I mean?
      I need easy steps so I can explain them to someone that has never used Xp or Linux before and that is were I am getting stuck, trying to help other people with the limited info I know about linux. They want to add more programs and I just use it as it comes. I know how to download extra programs and I know were they go but when it comes to getting them running with Linux.....now thats the trick.

I just went to the firefox site and downloaded the first thing that said it works with Linux. :P

I need some simple steps to show others so they can use it and install extra programs.
      eg.
      step 1. download program
      step 2. find were you put it
      step 3. right click or left click and hope for the best or may be turn around three times and clap your hands.
      step 4. beat you head in to the desk until you bleed.

Thats the steps I have been using.

Comment

Re: Internet banking with ANZ not supported &amp; programs hard to install if at all.

open adept package manager and search for firefox

--this is an easy program to use

Install kpackage package manager.
        With this you can open deb package files from within the package manager.

So, download the file you want to install (I recommend Opera browser which has versions for all major linux distributions). Choose the right one!
        Opera is fast and works well with linux.

A good file browser for linux is xfe file manager but the version that ships with Feisty is a little old.

If you can find a way to open a terminal from the folder you have a deb package in you can install it with the command dpkg -i foo.deb

or dpkg -i *.deb which will install ALL debs in the directory..

But stick to the graphical programs. Ubuntu is a good linux distro for newbies and lazy users
        AND others

Comment

Re: Internet banking with ANZ not supported &amp; programs hard to install if at all.

ANZ Internet Banking works nicely with firefox. I would recommend installing it as described in the last post by coyotl.

Here are a couple of links for you to read that should clear a few things up for you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=63315
          and
          http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installingsoftware

Won't make you an expert, but it will lift a bit of the fog for you.

Cheers

Lowey

I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

I also had the same problem with the ANZ site so did a search here and found this post. I suspect this reply might be too late for dickie, but in case any else needs help with installing firefox and is as clueless as I, here are the steps:

Step 1: go to firefox.com
            Step 2: click on the download link that mentions linux
            Step 3: when the little window opens asking whether to save or open, click "save as" and make a note of where exactly you're saving it to
            Step 4: when it's finished downloading, find it- probably in kmenu-computer-home.
            Step 5: click on the icon and in the new window that comes up, click on "extract" (up the top right)
            Step 6: when it asks where to extract to, type in "firefox"
            Step 7: click on this new firefox folder and when that opens, find the folder within also called firefox and click on it
            Step 8: in this folder is a black and white icon that looks like a piece of paper and is called..... firefox. Click on it and this will launch the browser. I've just done this and was able to get onto anz and hotmail.

There is no doubt some simple way to put an icon on the desk top but I haven't tried yet. I just put Kubuntu on today and got rid of MS completely. I'm really liking it even though I'm not particularly computer savvy. The forums are very helpful.

Comment

This thread's a blast from the past.

Better to install firefox from the repositories. You will run into a lot less problems.
              I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

ANZ don't support Linux but works for me on a 64 bit system. Had to change to 32bit due to cable wireless/driver issues. Email your bank and let them know your frustration. They will only support Linux systems when they know that their customers actually use it.

Comment

Working...
                X