X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Support And Audio Support

Hi all,
    I am new to Kubuntu Linux OS 6.06. I have got Both Vista And Kubuntu Linux OS in my Laptop.
    It is of model HP dv2000 series and model name HP dv2045ea.
    When i am trying to connect to my wireless router, it detects it and when trying to establish a connection it stops at 57%.
    For Audio, i am not able to play any audio file there. i could not listen to any audio songs.

if any one tries to solve my problem by proving any guidelines i would be thankful to u all.
    cheers

Re: Wireless Support And Audio Support

On the audio issue:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/MP3

For example, if you are talking about wanting to play mp3 files in something like amarok you need to install the libxine-extracodecs. You can do this kmenu/system/adept manager.
    In the adept package manager go to the adept menu / manage repositories and in the kubuntu software tab make sure you have main, universe, multiverse and restricted selected.
    Then you should be able to search the repsitories using adept, searching on libxine.

Comment

When I say kmenu I'm referring to the button on the bottom left of your screen taskbar corresponding to the windows programs menu

Comment

When i am trying to connect to my wireless router, it detects it and when trying to establish a connection it stops at 57%.
        I have got Both Vista And Kubuntu Linux OS in my Laptop.
        Does Vista connect to your router without any problems?

Please read this and see if the solution provided helps: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086613.0
        "As long as they're going to steal software, we want them to steal ours." - Bill Gates on the Chinese.

Comment

Yes , without any problem i get connected to wireless router in vista.

Comment

Working...
          X