This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Package Requests

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the xine-lib (http://xinehq.de/) kubuntu dapper package is built without arts, and also, the arts plugin for amarok is broken. Since KDE apps like amarok, kaffeine, kmplayer can use xine, how about officially maintaining a specialized kubuntu package of xine-lib that has arts built in?

Comment

I seen that DotGnu is in Ubuntu, but I do not see it as part of Kubuntu. I am trying out porting a small C# application to Linux. Is it possbile to get a DotGNU (pnet) package(s) as part of Kubuntu?

Thank You,

David

Comment

I'd like to see Gizmod added.

http://gizmod.sourceforge.net/

Here is a description from the site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever want to make use of those keyboard keys and mouse buttons that X won't let you use? Ever want to quickly define a keyboard shortcut to do something like change or mute the volume? Ever want to use your joystick, second mouse, Griffin PowerMate, or any other random device you can think of to do fun things like control applications, switch desktops, switch tracks in XMMS / BMP, launch programs, or do pretty much anything else you can think of?

Are you a MythTV user? Got an RF or IR (LIRC) Remote? Annoyed with how frustrating it is to map keys, or is the remote super touchy? Would you like a simple easy way to configure your remote, and have it function properly at the same time? Want to have different key maps based on what application is currently being used?

Gizmo Daemon does all of that, and more! Gizmo Daemon operates on a fairly simple philosophy: let the user decide. Any and all device events are sent to the configuration scripts, and from there the user can decide what should be done with those events. A number of functions are exposed to the scripts which allows the script to interact with any of the loaded device plugins in any way desired.

Some of Gizmo Daemon's capabilities include:

* Control any application with any device
        * Utilize those special keys on your fancy keyboard, even if your X server or terminal doesn't support them! Now you can actually make the volume controls change the volume, or the media buttons control XMMS / BMP! Set the buttons to launch your favorite programs, switch virtual desktops, or run whatever application you want!
        * Give per application key mappings, very handy for remote users!
        * Fix touchy remotes by removing quick duplicate keystrokes
        * Control system mixer volume
        * Change virtual desktops (only for EWMH capable window managers)
        * Launch programs
        * Send keyboard and mouse events to applications
        * Send device events from one device to another, or create fake device events (control a mouse cursor with a joystick, or keyboard)
        * Visualization of system events such as CPU USage, and XMMS / BMP sound output on visual devices (such as the LED on the Griffin PowerMate USB Dial).
        * Fancy on screen displays via XOSD. Now your workstation or MythTV box can have nice TV friendly volume displays controlled by your remote!
        * And more! Anything you can think of is probably possible!
        Linux, it does the computer good!

Comment

I would like to see dvgrab0.9.2 and kino 2.0.
          These new versions scan all ports to locate the dvcam whereas the older versions only support a single port. if you have more than one firewire port you get camera not found errors.
          I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

I want that teamspeak should be add on the list.

Comment

I would like to request that the mindmapping program FreeMind (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki....php/Main_Page) was made availeble as a Kubuntu Package.

There is a debian package but the maintainer writes this as a caution:

Some notes on (K)Ubuntu

I got my hand on a Kubuntu 5.10 installation, and am now able to give some hints about the specificas of the (K)Ubuntu installation:

1. you will first need to add the multiverse and universe repositories to your installation, there are plenty of places which explain how to do this.
              2. then, if you're happy with Blackdown's Java 1.4, you don't need to create your own Java package and can install j2re1.4 from the multiverse repository.
              3. sadly, libbatik-java and libjgoodies-forms-java don't seem to be part of any repository; so, you should add the Debian repository as described in the above notes, but be careful to not break your installation with too many pure Debian packages. I personally added the following lines to the file /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
              Pin: release o=Debian
              Pin-Priority: 200

Regards Balcon

Comment

Kubuntu needs to add Kexi 1.1.1 or higher to its repository. Kubuntu should also add the latest KOffice too. Please please please... It's getting harder and harder to get up in the morning, knowing I can't get the latest Kexi and Koffice in KUBUNTU!!! Don't make me beg!

P.S. I mean Dapper Drake Kubuntu

Comment

The latest Koffice is available for Edgy Eft, and is already part of Feisty Fawn
                  Not sure what version kexi (probably 1.1.0) is at, as I am at work and have no Kubuntu around me to check

Comment

After checking, koffice 1.6.1 includes kexi 1.1.1

Comment

I agree; mindmapping software is an important tool to have available and if there's an open source version, it should be in a repository.

I know the ZyDas ZDWLAN sources are available in one of the repositories but, personaly this created a big problem for me as my internet connection is via a wireless connection which wouldn't work without that driver, which I couldn't get cos my wireless didn't work cos I didn't have that driver. I ended up buying a Netgear wg311t > anyway I'd like to request that this and all other networking related drivers are added to the live cds as not haveing an internet connection is difficult to fix with an online repository if you don't have an internet connection. Also I havn't had any success at compiling souce code.

I had a similar problem with kubuntu edgy; wireless assistant duplicates my network and can't connect to anything (but only on an instal. the live cd worked fine) so I had to go back to dapper.

Another thing I'd love is a scripts package. A folder full of useful scripts on the live cd instalation thing which can be drag and droped into the konsole to make things happen. eg. I found a handy script somewhere which I dropped into konsole, pressed enter/return and wow it downloaded the latest version of firefox from mozilla's website and installed it, all automaticaly.
                      Okay now I know this sort of thing is possible,
                      why isn't there somewhere to get scripts?
                      Why don't more people make them?
                      Can someone teach me to do it so we can make this happen?
                      An ATI and Nvidia script set would be such a gargantuant help for sooooo many people, I know it's not "free" software but I don't give a rat's, the hardware is paid for, it doesn't work without the drivers, it is free (beer) software and hundreds if not thousands of people are haveing huge problems with this.

I can't find xlogical in the repos; I have the source but so far for me it's as useful as... er... a very un-useful thing and 'tis a household favourite.

Generally I think hardware support is the biggest thing cos if Linux can't make a computer work, the disk will go in the bin. If you don't want to include ATI or Nvidia drivers (which are needed) fine but please, make a script to get the correct drivers.

I personally can't do anything about what hardware is supported from the instal disk but if anyone has any skill with shell scripts I'd love to help in some way to make a set of scripts to help people make their systems work properly.

Auisce

Comment

Since nVu is no longer maintained, it would be great to have a Kompozer package. Last I tried, it wouldn't compile on AMD64 though.
                        Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Some sort of Grub configuration tool (Every major Distro has one, eg: SuSE, Mandriva)

As well as Kickoff start menu.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive: http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Deskt...04-26267.shtml

Comment

I prefer tasty

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=41866
                              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                              4 GB Ram
                              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

i'd like to request a bunch packages, so take your pick:
                                assaultcube-0.93, boswars-2.3 (2.4 will be released soon), pyamanith, gens, ksmoothdock, lbreakout2-2.6beta-7, pSX, sdlmame, & vertris.
                                <br />

Comment

Working...
                                X