X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 3.5.7 released for feisty

KDE 3.5.7 has been released for feisty.

Mostly a translation/bugfix release, but includes enhancements as well, like the often requested configuration of kicker taskbar text colors (especially useful on a transparent kicker and a dark background) and a similar feature for kweather kicker applet.

Installation instructions:
    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-357.php

Full changelog:
    http://www.kde.org/announcements/cha...5_6to3_5_7.php

EDIT: should also be included in Gutsy repos shortly

Re: KDE 3.5.7 released for feisty

Hi Kubicle

Thanks for the news, and thanks to the KDE team. Has anyone installed the update ? Is is running fine ?

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Almost everything works for me, but Amarok keeps asking on startup whether or not to install mp3 drivers; I keep clicking "yes"; and nothing happens. This is NOT a repos problem. Fortunately, xmms works.

Comment

arrg. What happens if you launch amarok from the command line ? Any useful output ? Anyone else seeing this problem ?

Many thanks!

Comment

I installed it this morning, so far everything is running great. Seems to load faster and apps seem faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
            I installed it this morning, so far everything is running great. Seems to load faster and apps seem faster.
            Thanks. Does this include Amarok ? This info could help askrieger out ...

Comment

I'm playing a Billie Holiday CD as I post. No problems so far.

Comment

Starting Amarok from the konsole, got me 2 warnings about kAccel object already contains an object named "play_pause". I then got the Amarok gui. Interestingly, I now got a error popup from Amarok saying that the xine_engine couldn't find the mp3 player. Unfortunately, I can't provide the exact wording because when I tried the konsole start a second time, it reverted to the original "click yes to install mp3 player" message. Third (and fourth) time not a charm. No more error messages, no more click yes to install message, just "Error loading media -- no suitable plugin" box after adding a file to the playlist. Back to xmms until problem gets sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
                  Almost everything works for me, but Amarok keeps asking on startup whether or not to install mp3 drivers; I keep clicking "yes"; and nothing happens.  This is NOT a repos problem.  Fortunately, xmms works.
                  Maybe this is xine related problem. I have experienced it couple of times. I just  deleted ~/.xine directory and after that it works just fine.

3.5.7 is running just fine on my machine.

Comment

I just deleted ~/.xine directory and after that it works just fine.
                    I just renamed the directory, no joy. The only file in ~/.xine is catalog.cache which has a boring number of entries that feature the word "mpeg" but none with "mp3".

Comment

I just upgraded myself. Everything seems just fine, including amarok.

Attached are the xine-related packages I have installed in my system, in case it helps.

Cheers!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Somehow, your attachment didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
                          Thanks for the news, and thanks to the KDE team. Has anyone installed the update ? Is is running fine ?
                          It seems to be running smoothly...even amarok, go figure :P

As a general rule, it's often wise to wait for a bit before major upgrades if you're not confident that you can solve any major issues if they arise. There have already been a few updates to the originally released packages, so there has probably been a few (minor) issues...That said, show-stopper bugs seem to be rare with KDE releases.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
                            Somehow, your attachment didn't make it.
                            Amazing. The attachment is a screenshot. I can see it in Konqueror, but not in mozilla or opera. These tow other browsers show lots of adds iinbetween posts, and do not show my attachment. Probably a bug in the forum software. Can you pls try with konqui ?

Comment

I see it just fine in Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                              X