This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kubuntu doesn't start

I've played with my hdd partitions and my kubuntu doesn't want to start, there's an error on the screen:

/etc/rcS.d/S20checkroot.sh:407: readlink: Permission denied
    /etc/rcS.d/S20checkroot.sh:407: resplash_write: Permission denied
    /etc/rcS.d/S20checkroot.sh:407: rm: Permission denied

init unable to execute "/bin/sh" for rc_default : Permission denied
    init.rc_default process (3062) terminated with status 1

Re: My kubuntu doesn't start

Hi,

Can you explain more what you did with your partitions ? It seems that you've screwed them, no ?

Cheers

Comment

I've entered the "managing drives"...or smth like this, is smth connected with drives. Initially I wanted to make my hdd space available to write smth on it, to see smth like "disc c: ", not to save everything on the desktop. So i entered this "managing drives", and there I found 19GB--/etc/hda1--disabled, so I tried to give him a mount point and put the "/" as a mounting point, it said that this mounting point is taken by some other resource, so I pressed cancel. on a lower layer in the same "managing drives" window I saw some mounting points and found also this one with "/" and I deleted or disabled it(don't really remember) after that I mounted that "/etc/hda1" like "D"(like disk D), but put the mounting point in "/username/desktop/samba 3.0.24/D" and restarted the computer and the rest U know already. Thank's a lot, waiting for a reply.

Comment

Ok, I see, first why did you wanted to replace your / ? You should mount it on another mount point.
        Anyway, to solve it, you should start from a live cd, then enter a konsole, type this command and give the output :
        sudo fdisk -l

If you know which one is your / so tell it and we will try to help you...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X